What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

4 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

Of all the Villa fans in all the world, you're the one I'd love to live next door to.

Clynelish 14 Ralfy review one of my favourite YouTube channels, you may be already aware of Ralfy, if not..... enjoy.

I love Ralfy and did watch his review before buying. What are your tasting notes mate?

I think I'll like the Glen Dronach aswell judging by the notes. 

Whisky is for sharing so you'll always be welcome here pal. Slàinte 🥂

56 minutes ago, av1 said:

I love Ralfy and did watch his review before buying. What are your tasting notes mate?

I think I'll like the Glen Dronach aswell judging by the notes. 

Whisky is for sharing so you'll always be welcome here pal. Slàinte 🥂

My only experience with the Clynelish14 was last year when I swapped an almost finished bottle of something for an almost finished bottle of this, it was quite spicy and very layered but to my very inexperienced palate I did get a sweetness and slight background smoke, I liked it a lot more with a little water. I will get a bottle next, I'm still learning very slowly as only get a couple of bottles a year. 

Good luck with the others and any shopping tips/bargains would be greatly appreciated.

12 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

My only experience with the Clynelish14 was last year when I swapped an almost finished bottle of something for an almost finished bottle of this, it was quite spicy and very layered but to my very inexperienced palate I did get a sweetness and slight background smoke, I liked it a lot more with a little water. I will get a bottle next, I'm still learning very slowly as only get a couple of bottles a year. 

Good luck with the others and any shopping tips/bargains would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for that, can't wait to try it. 

If  you like a big of peat and spice Talisker 10 is currently on offer on Amazon, absolutely fantastic. Here

Also anything from Cambletown. Springbank is wonderful. 

16 minutes ago, av1 said:

Thanks for that, can't wait to try it. 

If  you like a big of peat and spice Talisker 10 is currently on offer on Amazon, absolutely fantastic. Here

Also anything from Cambletown. Springbank is wonderful. 

Cheers, I shall investigate. Have a friend who works for Tesco and they occasionally get 20% staff discount, got 2 bottles of Macallan gold as was a bargain for £57 total and its very nice. Hoping to get a Lagavulin 16 when they get 20% again. 

Just now, Phil Silvers said:

Cheers, I shall investigate. Have a friend who works for Tesco and they occasionally get 20% staff discount, got 2 bottles of Macallan gold as was a bargain for £57 total and its very nice. Hoping to get a Lagavulin 16 when they get 20% again. 

Lagavulin 16 is pound for pound one of the best around imo. I live literally over the road from a Tesco and always looks for the offers, sadly I've never seen Lagavulin on offer. Highland park 12 always seems to be on offer though, I don't think I've ever paid more than £25 for it and its a great whisky, certainly  at that price point. Talisker is another that always seems to be on offer and don't think I've ever had a bad Talisker,  57 degrees north is stunning, but more expensive. 

Whilst I don't (can't afford) to shop at Waitrose for groceries, I have found there whisky selection to be very reasonably priced and they have a really good selection. 

At the moment my go to bottles are:

Dalwhinnie 15

Ardbeg Uigeadail

Springbank 10

Talisker 10

Deanston 12 - Ralphy named that his whisky of the year. It's wonderful, and from memory only cost about £35. 

5 minutes ago, av1 said:

Lagavulin 16 is pound for pound one of the best around imo. I live literally over the road from a Tesco and always looks for the offers, sadly I've never seen Lagavulin on offer. Highland park 12 always seems to be on offer though, I don't think I've ever paid more than £25 for it and its a great whisky, certainly  at that price point. Talisker is another that always seems to be on offer and don't think I've ever had a bad Talisker,  57 degrees north is stunning, but more expensive. 

Whilst I don't (can't afford) to shop at Waitrose for groceries, I have found there whisky selection to be very reasonably priced and they have a really good selection. 

At the moment my go to bottles are:

Dalwhinnie 15

Ardbeg Uigeadail

Springbank 10

Talisker 10

Deanston 12 - Ralphy named that his whisky of the year. It's wonderful, and from memory only cost about £35. 

Cheers, had seen the Deanston review and its on the list, budget stops me from ordering something every day 🎉

3 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Cheers, had seen the Deanston review and its on the list, budget stops me from ordering something every day 🎉

Me too.

I'm going to start with an infinity bottle soon. Could be fun 😀

1 minute ago, Phil Silvers said:

dregs in a decanter? I'd be scared of spoiling any lol, mind you, what's the worst that can happen.

Exactly. 10/20ml into an old bottle, its not a lot but could be interested. 

I guess you could create something to your own taste. Say you love a peaty Laphroaig but wonder what it would taste like with a hint of sherry cask for instance, you pop in 10ml of Glenfarclas or something like that. 

You Taylor it to your preference. 

20 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Will try and be good during lockdown and abstain from alcohol. Also trying to cut down on meal portion size. 

i live a dull existence at the moment 😂

NO NO NO NO NO, have a mad blast while you can pal, blast first then exercise it all off.

• Haha 1

As mentioned in another thread I don’t usually drink at home, but for some reason the lockdown has got me drinking at home almost every night!

got through two bottles of rum in the past 10 days

AFAA4B97-6559-4113-8EFF-ACD2C778EEBE.jpeg

and his darker brother:
464FCC57-19CE-440A-8D77-BDEC2948590E.jpeg

ordered a bottle of the cherry version for next week 😂

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

As mentioned in another thread I don’t usually drink at home, but for some reason the lockdown has got me drinking at home almost every night!

got through two bottles of rum in the past 10 days

and his darker brother:

ordered a bottle of the cherry version for next week 😂

Love the Old J. Does what it says on the tin. Skip the Gold version though, it's just like the original but with higher alcohol content, so more expensive, and worse for some reason. Never had the Dark or the Cherry. For a more refined rum I've long been a big fan of Havana 7, yet still haven't ventured into the longer aged versions.

Definitely hard to stay off the alcohol but I've managed to pretty much restrict it to drinking on Fridays and Saturdays so far, bar half a beer one Sunday and one today. I'm pretty much all about the beer though. Had some crackers recently: (not my photos)

74ae791bc3633fad5391e561bc028c04_640x640

90831789_3126034530792927_65241413164592

The_Middle_of_Silence_Browar_Maltgarden_

Apparently I ordered a bunch of spirits late on Saturday after a couple of sherbets. Now they’ve turned up I’m not sure how keen I am for this particular spit roast. 

DE7B495B-4426-460F-8686-780842A757C6.jpeg

• Haha 1

Â