What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

Experimented with cocktails.

First up a negroni : gin, vermouth and campari with a slice of orange and a few ice cubes, was ok but needed something extra, maybe a sweeter support

Next time swapped out the gin for Woodford Reserve bourbon and it was much nicer. They're sippers given the total lack of mixers!

Now onto a single malt to finish, gone with Kilchoman, an Islay malt. Very nice

Edited by Rodders

3 hours ago, Rodders said:

Experimented with cocktails.

First up a negroni : gin, vermouth and campari with a slice of orange and a few ice cubes, was ok but needed something extra, maybe a sweeter support

Next time swapped out the gin for Woodford Reserve bourbon and it was much nicer. They're sippers given the total lack of mixers!

Now onto a single malt to finish, gone with Kilchoman, an Islay malt. Very nice

I tend to up the vermouth a bit in my negroni. Try adding chocolate butters if you have them. Also, if your prefer it to be sweeter you could use an old Tom gin rather than a dry gin. 

• Thanks 1

On 02/04/2020 at 09:29, Troglodyte said:

Ableforth's Rumbullion!, 70 cl: Amazon.co.uk: Grocery

First time I've tried this. Lovely stuff.

I want to get some of this because I had it in a bar a few weeks ago and it was amazing, but waiting for it to appear on Amazon or somewhere at a decent price:

Plantation Rum Stiggins' Fancy Pineapple — Plantation Rum

Rum is the one thing I can find plenty of here. Haven’t tried that pineapple one but see it in the liquor stores. Might have to give it a go. Drinking a lot of the following right now:

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 1

I very rarely drink at home, much prefer social drinking. I’ve had beers in my fridge for probably at least a year. I’m the mood for a couple tonight, first off Fursty Ferret, not bad. I gave up drinking ales a while back as my stomach the next day regretted a fair few. But I’m sure one or two won’t hurt 

• Like 1

On 05/04/2020 at 21:32, fightoffyour said:

Last night’s drinks:

9-CBA29-D3-D1-B5-4-BC0-8-B82-A2-A42796-A

Not all in one night surely?

I'd be smashed after 4 or 5! 

• Like 1

On the belgians this evening. first afternoon sitting outside in the garden in the new house ( since end of october! ). Tripel Karmeliet already down, sipping a Westmalle dubbel and considering a duvel next. I'll be asleep by 9 at this rate, but **** me the belgians don't half do great beer

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rodders said:

On the belgians this evening. first afternoon sitting outside in the garden in the new house ( since end of october! ). Tripel Karmeliet already down, sipping a Westmalle dubbel and considering a duvel next. I'll be asleep by 9 at this rate, but **** me the belgians don't half do great beer

Belgium beer - wonderful! Went on a pub crawl in Brussels a few years back. Night got a bit fuzzy but do recall some cracking ales. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Not all in one night surely?

I'd be smashed after 4 or 5! 

Sharing with the missus, so 4 or 5 each, and yes we were smashed! Most of them are strong too, some 8% DIPAs, a 12% IS and a 16% iced distilled triple.

You didn't notice that I swapped the tea towels around for you 😒

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Rodders said:

giphy.webp?cid=ecf05e47ec734ad1f156caa6d

• Like 2

Â