What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

On 17/04/2020 at 07:59, Sid4ever said:

Thought you would have been all over this 

9.jpg

I actually used to live in Chester so went to see Wrexham v Villa aaaages ago. Think we won 5-1. Wasn’t old enough to drink sadly...

Edit: it was 5-0 apparently. Remember Harewood scoring. Those were the days. 

Edited by Spoony
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Xela said:

Current tipple

Nice and smooth. 6.7%, so a bit stronger than my usual scoop, but you can't tell by drinking it. A solid effort.

7/10 WB

Beavertown-4801-640x427.jpg

I know that it’s rather me than you but I quite often hear people/friends/family saying 6% beers are quite strong while I’m knocking back 8%ers. Jesus.

^ that is a pretty nice beer by the way. The choice in normal shops now is extraordinary. Pick up some Mikkeller from an M&S if you have the chance.

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Spoony said:

Back in my London days this was my fav bevvie despite the fact I immediately grew a man bun and was suddenly wearing a deep v neck and lenseless glasses

As soon as I started purchasing craft beer I felt a need to dress like Mr Toad of Toad Hall

304f5c32c6c1e5ef81ecfe57f3503677.jpg

47 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

I know that it’s rather me than you but I quite often hear people/friends/family saying 6% beers are quite strong while I’m knocking back 8%ers. Jesus.

^ that is a pretty nice beer by the way. The choice in normal shops now is extraordinary. Pick up some Mikkeller from an M&S if you have the chance.

I'm a lightweight when it comes to drinking anyway. I can feel one can go to my head!

All my purchases so far have been either Morrisons or Sainsburys. 

There is a Waitrose and M&S nearby so will try them out soon. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Spoony said:

I actually used to live in Chester so went to see Wrexham v Villa aaaages ago. Think we won 5-1. Wasn’t old enough to drink sadly...

I remember the doppy bird I was dating at the time asking if England were playing that evening due to the fact we were signing England songs, and then being amazed when I pointed out that Wrexham was in Wales. 

Her lack of geographical knowledge was bad enough, but made even worse by the fact we had made a day of it so had been down there since about 11:00. God knows how she missed the flags/accents etc. 

I also remember the Wrexham fans throwing bottles/bricks from the bridge onto the villa fans at the station. Scumbags. 

9 hours ago, Spoony said:

I was born in Chester, which is why I took @Wezbid’s description of Matt Hancock to heart.  

10 hours ago, Xela said:

I'm a lightweight when it comes to drinking anyway. I can feel one can go to my head!

All my purchases so far have been either Morrisons or Sainsburys. 

There is a Waitrose and M&S nearby so will try them out soon. 

Waitrose sell little creatures bottles of pale ale....not cheap - circa £2.30 a 330ml bottle but it is one of WA's if not Australia's best beers..............sorry, i meant "ales" 😉

• Like 1

On 19/04/2020 at 18:29, Xela said:

Current scoop

Not bad. Easy to drink and quite fresh. Quite hoppy. 

6.5 /10

Would possibly bang again

450x450.jpg

All Vocation stuff is **** delicious.

sadly, I'm all out so as I'm up at 4am tomorrow, I started on the vodka at 12.30pm

• Like 1

Yes, i know it sounds a bit ghey but it was very nice, as was their rhubarb and custard cider.

Tonight, I'll be sampling strawberry and cream cider. Not sure about the parma violet one or the toffee apple but will give it a go. 

Screenshot_20200421-185301_Photos.jpg

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Yes, i know it sounds a bit ghey but it was very nice, as was their rhubarb and custard cider.

Tonight, I'll be sampling strawberry and cream cider. Not sure about the parma violet one or the toffee apple but will give it a go. 

I've had the toffee apple one before. Lovely but extremely sweet. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Xela said:

I've had the toffee apple one before. Lovely but extremely sweet. 

As is the strawberries and cream one...I've just found out. Deffo not a session cider...

• Like 1

15 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

How was it?

Not bad! I'm no fan of peach flavours but I wanted to try a sour beer and this was the first I saw at Sainsburys. 

An interesting drink, I'd have it again. 

• Like 1

Â