What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

3 minutes ago, snowychap said:

How was the lager? I'm not averse to lager drinking but I've not seen their lager make it over this side of the divide (they may have it down at The Morgan).

I'm not much of a lager drinker anymore but as lagers go, it was nice and crisp. Refreshing.

Fancied a pint or two when I was sat in the beer garden yesterday early evening. Sun came out and it was quite warm for a hour or so. 

Seems to be well received as well

• Thanks 1

yesterday the missus got some german "early, not quite finished" wine from the shop, its sold it the shop with a loose bottle top letting it brew a little more, in about 2 weeks it'll be sour and no good

tasted it last night, its sweet, sparkling, close to cider, cant taste the booze, its 10.5%, when I say "taste" I had maybe 200ml tops, I knew about it! absolute rocket fuel, got the rest of the 1.5l bottle to finish tonight

edit - its called federweisser (white feather) and they nickname it junger wein (young wine)

Edited by villa4europe

On 11/09/2019 at 23:15, Xela said:

I'm not much of a lager drinker anymore but as lagers go, it was nice and crisp. Refreshing.

Fancied a pint or two when I was sat in the beer garden yesterday early evening. Sun came out and it was quite warm for a hour or so. 

Seems to be well received as well

living in bonn im interested in the "kolsch style" that's the beer local to me (and there's a lot of it...) warm fermented like an ale and then finished like a lager which gives it a unique taste but I think its more the way they prepare a beer here, cold glass and they wash it with cold water before serving meaning it tastes incredibly fresh

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

When I come back to the UK, to 4% lagers, I feel sad.

Our standard draughts are 5.2% and 5.6%. Saying that, tonight probably this:

Image result for żywiec biaÅe

My wife’s family on her Fathers side are Polish. When we’ve visited they invariably get the vodka out. Being a beer drinker myself, that’s the beer they give me. Only they call it “pop”. Having tasted their vodka, I can see why.

I think the biggest thing I have in conversation here when talking about beers is the face pulling when I suggest that have good Italian beers ("Italians make beer?") or that there's a couple of german / dutch / Belgian beers, or Estrella is quite nice, or if you go bottled you can get some decent Chinese, thai, Singapore beers

I know decent English beer exists but other than carling im not sure what you can tell them that will be readily available, pointless talking about buttybach or a boondoggle

edit - watching mindhunter last night and a character had a cool red stripe tshirt on which I mentioned, other half had never heard of it, hard to imagine a life where a "beer please" in a club didn't involve getting given a £1 luke warm can of redstripe 

Edited by villa4europe

Currently drinking this. I bought a bottle last week and it’s bloody lovely. A Uraguayan red made from the French Tannat grape. It’s a full bodied, quite fruity red that weighs in at 13.5% alc.

its an M&S wine that sells for a tenner, it drinks like a £15-£20 wine imo. If you like full bodied reds this one is well worth it

E478E9BC-A393-4892-A710-5E90509A970A.jpeg

• Like 1

didnt realise this old classic was still about....so i'm downing a few in the name of nostalgia...

IMG_1681 2.JPG

come to Birmingham and you will see......

Edited by imavillan
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Â