What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

On 04/01/2019 at 10:52, KenjiOgiwara said:

So close to buying a bottle of Macallan 18 for the weekend. 300 quid is a bit heavy though 

The Macallan rare cask is superb and is £100 cheaper :thumb:

Master of malt

the-macallan-rare-cask-whisky.jpg?ss=2.0

34 minutes ago, Xela said:

Few too many of these in Brum on Thursday night. Felt it on Friday morning 

chieftain-ipa-ireland.jpg

Brewed in my parents' home city, Cork. Got some in my fridge and if it wasn't for the fact that I'm on a night shift tonight, I'd be getting stuck in to it !They also do Rebel Red, a proper session ale.

"It's a pure daycent drop, boi !" as the locals would say :)

• Like 2

On 11/02/2019 at 09:09, Stevo985 said:

Had a (nother) weekend of this last week

murphys-glass.jpg?w=236

Stand by it, it's better than Guinness.

That's not saying much.  Guinness is mass-produced tat with a huge marketing budget.  If it came from England, it'd be considered on a par with Carling.

• 3 weeks later...

Some more beers

59db91c717512.jpg

Stone Faced from Lymestone Brewery - Excellent! A sort-of-local beer with a very faint toffee-ish hint to it, that's definitely not in-your-face but quite subtle. Will be going back to this one again. 

Image result for fierce day shift

Day Shift from Fierce - I quite liked the 'Easy Shift' session pale from the same brewery, but this pale ale was really disappointing. Maybe it had been in the fridge too long, but it was quite watery and tasteless. Not gonna go back to this I don't think. 

Image result for unbeliever guava gose

Unbeliever Guava Gose from Abbeydale Brewery - I had high hopes for this, since the 'Guavarita Vice' berliner wiesse from Magic Rock was so fantastic, and I thought guava would be a good flavour for a gose, but alas, also fairly tasteless. It's definitely not bad or offensive or anything but kind of bland. 

On 23/02/2019 at 23:19, Shropshire Lad said:

A pint of this...

and then a pint of this..

.....among a few other pint drinks.

“...a few other pint drinks.” Daft sod. 

Green Monkey is nice though, Joules who brew it make a big deal of it being “laagered” for longer than other beers. Not my area of expertise so I couldn’t comment on that, but if you’re in a Joules pub and you want to try a lager that isn’t one of the boring standards, it’s a good one to have.

• 4 weeks later...
On 23/02/2019 at 15:16, Risso said:

That's not saying much.  Guinness is mass-produced tat with a huge marketing budget.  If it came from England, it'd be considered on a par with Carling.

Isn't Guiness quite prone to varying taste depending on temperature, tap time, location etc? I've probably only drank Guiness 5 times in my life, but I thought the quality could varyto the extreme on several factors. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 14/04/2019 at 12:19, KenjiOgiwara said:

Isn't Guiness quite prone to varying taste depending on temperature, tap time, location etc? I've probably only drank Guiness 5 times in my life, but I thought the quality could varyto the extreme on several factors. 

Been wanting to try this for years, finally found some. Nigerian Guinness, 7.5% abv. 

IMG_20190503_155426.jpg

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Been wanting to try this for years, finally found some. Nigerian Guinness, 7.5% abv.

It's different isn't it?  Effectively a completely different drink.  Not a fan tbh.  It's too acidic/acrid, where the original is creamy.

1 minute ago, BOF said:

It's different isn't it?  Effectively a completely different drink.  Not a fan tbh.  It's too acidic/acrid, where the original is creamy.

No spoilers, please, I haven't opened it yet! 

22 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

IMG_20190503_155426.jpg

It's so weird you are posting this now. I went to Guiness today and drank that and the rest. And boy oh boy Guiness in Dublin is better than it is anywhere else.

Apparantly Nigeria is the greatest Guiness producer in the world and Africa is the biggest consuming continent. I didnt know. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

Â