What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

Bucks fizz, prosecco, red wine, peroni & whiskey.

Today is the wife's birthday, so I've hidden everything to do with Xmas.. thank fudge for room dividers. She's pregnant so I'll be good and try not to let her lift a finger, which is impossible because she's a hurricane of hard work and I'm a useless, fat word removed LMAO.

she's already up due to siatica, I'll wait for the boy before I go downstairs.. that's right, my house has TWO floors..

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5c2327fe7034314d6f

Edited by lapal_fan
  • Like 1

Just now, snowychap said:

Is it 1998? :)

Sometimes I wish it was.   Nah, it was an old wine when we bought it with found money and have been waiting for a suitable occasion to drink something so expensive (and hopefully good).

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, il_serpente said:

Sometimes I wish it was.   Nah, it was an old wine when we bought it with found money and have been waiting for a suitable occasion to drink something so expensive (and hopefully good).

I got that and sometimes I wish it was, too. :thumb:

I hope it's good. What champagne is it?

Edited by snowychap

7 hours ago, snowychap said:

I got that and sometimes I wish it was, too. :thumb:

I hope it's good. What champagne is it?

1985 Charles Heidsieck Cuvee Champagne Charlie.  It had gone nearly flat 😢.   It hadn't gone bad and I could tell the flavor was rich and complex, but it just doesn't work as a still wine.  We opened a bottle of NV Veuve Cliquot instead, which was very nice, as always, but couldn't quite make up for the disappointment after looking forward to the other one.

• Sad 1

Unfortunately champagne has a limited shelf life. Most need to be drunk in under 5 years with only a handful lasting longer in the right conditions. 

The so-called Luxury Cuvees like this one and Dom Perignon, La Grande Dame, Kristal, etc. are supposed to hold for a long time.   The one I had is still being sold, and at a much higher price than what we paid for it, so it should still be good.  Storage conditions weren't always ideal in the first couple of years until we got a wine refrigerator, and that probably contributed to its downfall.

20 hours ago, Xela said:

Unfortunately champagne has a limited shelf life. Most need to be drunk in under 5 years with only a handful lasting longer in the right conditions. 

A change of user name to Eilrahc would be appropriate

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Pilgrimage IPA, a collab between Banded Brewing in Maine and Vocation Brewing in Hebden Bridge, UK. Quite strong but you wouldn't know it. It's dank and cloudy and delicious.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, maqroll said:

Pilgrimage IPA, a collab between Banded Brewing in Maine and Vocation Brewing in Hebden Bridge, UK. Quite strong but you wouldn't know it. It's dank and cloudy and delicious.

How is your coffee shop going old bean? LOL GET IT?! 

But how is it going? 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, maqroll said:

Hebden Bridge is in my neck of the woods, great little place, you'd love it. 

• Like 1

Not sure if I’ll abstain from alcohol in January but I’ll definitely have a bit of a break, it tends to just happen naturally this time of year.

I was planning on going to the Ipswich game at the end of the month which would have meant a few beers. But as the cup might come into play that weekend, me and my mate may end up having a beer regardless. To be determined.

Anyway, tonight...cup of tea.

• Like 1

i'll do it with a complete lack of trying

no birthdays, no more football days, everyone is broke and 2 mates had babies in december, another 2 have babies due before easter so i doubt a random night out (1 lads missus lost a baby early december so i doubt wetting the babies head will be shouted up) never drink at home alone, occasionally drink after football on a thursday but thats easy to avoid, got no live sites on so had a bottle-less Christmas 

i dont see what the fuss is, the hardest part was saying no to some asti with my new years day dinner, other than that i could until the end of feb now (fatboy slim gig, im going to have to get smashed for that)

It does seem that those who are most capable of abstaining are the same people who are capable of getting smashed. I'm neither. The thought of a massive overindulgence is as horrific as the thought of a week without a drink. One or two every night for me, rarely less, rarely more. 

• Like 2

Â