What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

3 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Rookie error. Having a night away in my motorhome in the wilds of the peak district. All setup and then realised I didn't bring any booze with me. No wine nothing. Rummaged in a cupboard and found 2 old tins of Boddingtons. I am a **** idiot apparently. 

@mjmooney will be disgusted. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying my first mead, at this very minute. Locally produced..it's like a dessert wine. Very unusual. Sort of musky-sweet. Not sure I want to finish it : )

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Tucking into my second Dark n Stormy. (Spiced rum, ginger beer, lime). This and Margaritas are the only cocktails I ever drink, and only in the summer. Fantastique.

• Like 1

Just dragging this from on topic

11 minutes ago, sidcow said:

And if @Shropshire Lad doesn't acknowledge my new Avatar soon I will change it back. 

I will, just for the trip down memory lane. Used to sell Woods stuff back in the pub days. Shropshire Lad was always popular. Christmas Cracker they still do I think. Woods Wonderful was my favourite. Saturnalia was them IIRC. Still think I'm missing something obvious off the list. Wallop was always a good name but 3.5% session beers weren't the thing on the guest pump/s which is where they went. Happy days. Nice beers.

• Like 1

On 13/07/2019 at 00:56, maqroll said:

Curious to know if you guys get any Maine beers over there?

Shipyard is widely available here. Beer52 and Beerhawk will do others, but Shipyard is in a lot of pubs.

• 1 month later...
On 19/07/2019 at 12:12, Seat68 said:

Shipyard is widely available here. Beer52 and Beerhawk will do others, but Shipyard is in a lot of pubs.

Shipyard appears to be brewed in the Midlands at Marston's, whatever it says on the front of the bottle. 

5 minutes ago, snowychap said:

@Xela Not tried the lager but the other two are very good.

Butty Bach is one of my favourite ales about. Quite common in Brum pubs as well. A go-to choice if the pub I am in serves it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Xela said:

Butty Bach is one of my favourite ales about. Quite common in Brum pubs as well. A go-to choice if the pub I am in serves it. 

How was the lager? I'm not averse to lager drinking but I've not seen their lager make it over this side of the divide (they may have it down at The Morgan).

Â