What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

3 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Guiness in Dublin is way more creamy, coffee'esque and less acidic than I've had it anywhere else. Absolutely lovely 

159.gif

I have to say one of my life memories, was sat atop a hill overlooking a national park in Kenya, drinking a Kenyan guinness.

I felt slightly mean, there were three cold bottles of guinness and four of us. This was resolved by drinking them before bod number four rocked up. 😀

It was like the start of a joke, an irishman, a scot and a welsh sat in a bar...

we declared it celtic corner and drank to our mutual healths

the oher guy - who turned up late - got a right huff on him when he worked out what had happened

we consoled him with a luke warm bottle of pop we'd put aside so he didn't miss out completely

At the chance of coming across as trying to be Brians BFF, it's the best beer experience I've had and I've had a lot of it haha. 

Think I've got to have a few more tonight just cause how great it was. 

Apparantly the Guiness owned microbrewery on site is opening tonight with new beers. Might go there. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

You don't see Caffrey's in bars/pubs much nowadays do you? It used be ubiquitous when I first started going to pubs as a teenager. 

7 minutes ago, Xela said:

You don't see Caffrey's in bars/pubs much nowadays do you? It used be ubiquitous when I first started going to pubs as a teenager. 

I used to drink that when it first came out....late 90s i think. As smooth as water.....then i stepped outside to walk home.....*BANG*.....my legs had turned to jelly ! Awful hangover the day after. 

5.2% abv.....although they toned it down to about 4.7/4.8 later.

• Like 2

The Coors buy out of Bass basically did for Caffreys. That and everyone else caught up with pumping mixed gas (60/40) through keg ales and undercut them. They couldn't chuck it out fast enough at one point in the 90's though I remember that.

22 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Awful hangover the day after. 

Nitrogen

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Nitrokeg is poison. Avoid. 

I do have a soft spot for nitrokegs like Worthingtons Creamflow or Tetleys Smoothflow. 

I know I know! 

• Sad 1

31 minutes ago, Xela said:

I do have a soft spot for nitrokegs like Worthingtons Creamflow or Tetleys Smoothflow. 

I know I know! 

You do indeed know. It's horrible shite. 

Yeah, it's different. In a blindfold test, I wouldn't identify it as Guinness. Less 'creamy', somewhat sharp tang to it. A decent stout, worth trying, but it hasn't shot into my 'top stouts' chart. My favourite bottled Guinness remains the West Indies Porter. 

IMG_20190504_163150.jpg

Edited by mjmooney

• 4 weeks later...

Rookie error. Having a night away in my motorhome in the wilds of the peak district. All setup and then realised I didn't bring any booze with me. No wine nothing. Rummaged in a cupboard and found 2 old tins of Boddingtons. I am a **** idiot apparently. 

• Haha 1

Â