What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

yeah i think at xmas with my girlfriends family they bought me a load of beer and i barely touched it and they were shocked and commented on it, to be honest sitting there drinking a bottle an hour all day getting slight tingle in your belly and staying topped up as you sit round the table talking playing games and eating isnt my thing, trying to drink 12 bottles in a 2 hour session on the other hand very much is

if im not getting drunk i dont see the point in drinking

because I've been buying beer at wholesale prices, I've been drinking too much of it lately. I don't like the feeling of being intimidated by the prospect of slowing down. I average about 3 beers a night, every night so it could be much worse i suppose, but it's all relative. 

Over Xmas I probably drank 4 to 6 Peroni, 4 glasses of Bailey's, around 7 glasses of whiskey and maybe a glass of wine.  That's loads for me and stretches from December 8th when I picked up the Xmas tree until NYE.  I was bought a lovely bottle of Shackleton Whiskey, so I took that to the in-laws on NYE and had 2 large glasses (probably triples if you were to measure). 

I didn’t drink too much over Christmas. I got drunk 3 times, but was in no way hammered. I won’t be drinking in January, or shall I say I don’t plan to. I completely get what Mooney says about people who can go without, can also get totally hammered. I’m at a concert in February, and i’ll have a good drink at that. 

On 03/01/2019 at 23:27, villa4europe said:

yeah i think at xmas with my girlfriends family they bought me a load of beer and i barely touched it and they were shocked and commented on it, to be honest sitting there drinking a bottle an hour all day getting slight tingle in your belly and staying topped up as you sit round the table talking playing games and eating isnt my thing, trying to drink 12 bottles in a 2 hour session on the other hand very much is

if im not getting drunk i dont see the point in drinking

I’m very much like this, although I’m a lot more successful these days in just having a few to be social. If I’m in the pub for 3-4 hours, I will be pissed. If I’m drinking in the house with family or friends, i’ll be a bit more steady. I’m not one of these people who like to drink steady and sit and play games either. I do like waking up without hangovers though. 

Due to being ill I barely drank over the festive period. I think my total was 2 pints of Guinness in the last 3 weeks(on NYE after work)

• 1 month later...

030_IG_Bottle_Tap_AR.jpg

Had both of these tonight, and the 'Blood Red Sky' one for the first time. Apparently the 'barrel' part of the label is pretty misleading - rather than age the beers in a barrel, they toast bits of barrel and put them in the vats of beer - but they taste lovely anyway, so who cares really. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Â