What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

7 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I disagree :P

I like to get the 6, 8 and 10 and work my way up.

Fair. I've taken a bit against 6 and 8. I sit there, resentful that it's not a 10. They're still fine. They're just not 10. 

I also had to down several bottles of 8 on my stag do once upon a time, and it brings back queasy memories. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rodders said:

Have had some smashing wine the past few days. If anyone uses wine clubs I recommend 

Virgin : 2017 Hummingbird Sac Bland from SE Australia

Chateauneuf du Pape Cuvée Spéciale 2016

Naked Wines: Peter "Juicy" Gajewski ( absolutely banging ) 

Terra Nera 2017 by Dom Hentall.

All cracking. Current bottle is a bit mark and mild so far but hopefully it grows on me. Picked up a couple of bottles of Gem bath ales earlier for a change of pace for tomorrow 

Chateauneuf du Pape Cuvée Spéciale 2016 ………………. don't mind  if I diddly do.

Thanks for the review link, always been a fan of film noir especially the Maltese Falcon and Clifton Webb chews up the screen as Waldo Lydecker in Laura, I can recommend a few from a great French director Jules Dassin.....

Night and the city  - www.imdb.com/title/tt0042788/ Richard Widmark's Harry Fabian is an amazing character, an utter scumbag that you cant help rooting for.

Rififi - www.imdb.com/title/tt0048021/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0 - An outstanding French heist film, well worth checking out.

………………..……………………………………………………………….

Sorry Mods for posting this here and not elsewhere

2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I'm sure you're all following my Canadian beer-tasting adventure with bated breath, so you'll be happy to know I've found a new favourite:

OurBeers-Ambear.png

Ambear Red Ale by Cameron's. Lovely biscuity amber ale. Genuine top brew that.

You heading over to Vancouver? If so I can recommend both beer and general things to do.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

Posh whisky.  This Christmas I am just going to be smashing as much posh whisky as is humanly possible.

Out of interest. What is posh whisky? Macallan 36? 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

17 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Posh whisky.  This Christmas I am just going to be smashing as much posh whisky as is humanly possible.

Enjoying the Bells then :trollface:

29 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

You heading over to Vancouver? If so I can recommend both beer and general things to do.

That's very kind of you mate. I was actually in Vancouver in February this year, and I won't be going there on this trip, but I will be going back at some point (my sister-in-law's family lives there) so I'm always up for a recommendation if you have time 👍

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Out of interest. What is posh whisky? McCallan 36? 

I'm not THAT posh, although I aspire to it!

There's been some Kingsbarns Founders Reserve, Port Charlotte MRC:01, Hazelburn 10, Longrow Peated, and there will also be some Half Century Blend - Batch 3 tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

That's very kind of you mate. I was actually in Vancouver in February this year, and I won't be going there on this trip, but I will be going back at some point (my sister-in-law's family lives there) so I'm always up for a recommendation if you have time 👍

I'm still sad that I only managed to live there for a couple of years, even if I'm happy to be back nearer my family.

1 minute ago, NurembergVillan said:

I'm still sad that I only managed to live there for a couple of years, even if I'm happy to be back nearer my family.

Yeah, it's a truly beautiful city. February was my first visit, and we also went over to Vancouver Island as well, and I really fell in love with the place. I could never afford to live there though.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Xela said:

I feel your pain pal. I was supping the honey and ginger one like pop a couple of weeks back :(

Thanks for your sympathy dude but I'm sitting in my jogging bottoms so i probably deserve it :(

• Like 1

Â