What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

Yep.

If you did a blind tasting, you would not put all the singles ahead of all the malts.

Absolute science law copper bottomed gold plated fact guarantee.

My throat would be inflamed after two. I used to really like Whisky too, can't touch it now

3 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Some blends can be better than some singles.

Not putting that in unpopular opinions because its not an opinion its a stone cold science law fact.

Absolutely.

Bushmills, Jamesons, Hibiki, Johnnie Walker Black (and Blue) are better than some of single malts i've tasted. Glenfiddich for one. 

Ice Cider from Vermont. They press the apples when frozen. It apparently makes sweeter, denser juice, which they age in used bourbon barrels. It's a dessert drink, a 2oz pour in a snifter. Very pleasing if not totally satisfying. It would be good with a simple dessert like creme brulle or apple pie. 

Edited by maqroll
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

An admin error has resulted in me having two bottles, if you’re passing.

It’s going very well with Christmas cake.

I thought, for a moment (a fleeting, yet eternally joyous moment), that you were giving them away. :)

Edited by snowychap

On 27/12/2019 at 23:46, coda said:

Where can one purchase such an elixir?

I do an occasional internet order.  I've usually used Beermerchants.com for my annual Christmas selection, but this time used beerofbelgium.com. The former is good for a wide international selection but more expensive as it's all UK imported, the latter great if you like your Belgians.

As it's a warehouse in Flanders it's very cheap for the beer, but the postage is by weight - a mate and I paid €20 for our joint 50 bottle shipment. 

Or if you're local to Brum (I'm not anymore), I've been led to believe that Stirchley Wines have it. Where it probably costs £5 for 33cl rather than €3.60.

Worth every penny, either way.

Edit - I've just remembered, The Wellington and Post Office Vaults both have it. Although the last time I was in the latter was that horrendous friendly against Parma in 2014. So I assume they still do. 

Edited by ml1dch
  • Thanks 1

It’s NYE and I just heard myself volunteer to be dad taxi.

No pre planning, just said it. Out it popped like an unexpected burp. So that’s me on the Camembert and diet coke this evening and then trying to calculate at 1:30am if its now too late to start drinking.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just ordered these. 

Bunnahabhain 12

Clynelish 14

Glen Dronach 12

I'm a huge fan of bunnahabhain but haven't tried clynelish or Glen Dronach. 

Any reviews?

On 26/12/2019 at 17:22, Xela said:

. Glenfiddich for one. 

Probably the worst single malt going . Tastes more like Pernod than whisky.

I haven't had a drink since Derby at Wembley but if I do it's The Glenlivet or GTFO.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, av1 said:

Just ordered these. 

Bunnahabhain 12

Clynelish 14

Glen Dronach 12

I'm a huge fan of bunnahabhain but haven't tried clynelish or Glen Dronach. 

Any reviews?

Of all the Villa fans in all the world, you're the one I'd love to live next door to.

Clynelish 14 Ralfy review one of my favourite YouTube channels, you may be already aware of Ralfy, if not..... enjoy.

Edited by Phil Silvers

Â