New Manager Speculation

maqroll

Just now, wilko154 said:

That would definately be an option, but a director of football would need to be the one with managerial experience to in some ways mentor Henry if this is the route we were to go down.

I imagine a Wenger, Henry, Bould combination is out of the question but that would make me a lot more comfortable with the situation.

Yer know, IF we get Henry and Bould, why not Wenger as DOF? It would be entirely possible. That would be quite a top team.

• Like 1

Really not sure the right decision is Henry. He seems like a massive risk given that the season is so close, the squad isn't anywhere near as strong as it as been and Henry doesn't have a great deal of managerial experience. If Henry, why not get JT to take over as manager. I know it's not a popular choice (and I know Henry is a big name) but I'd honestly stick with Bruce this season to help settle the ship. Some fans will get hyped I'm sure because it's Henry, but I don't think he's the best choice in this scenario. 

I just cant see these Henry rumours being anything but a bad thing. the club needs stability now more than ever. and i just cant believe we're fortunate enough for henry to be the next wagner.

Big no for Henry  for me, we need to get out of the championship and Bruce has to be the most qualified person in the world to do that.

Henry has zero experience with it, he may be great, may be awful, but do we really want to take the risk. With Bruce we know we will be there or thereabouts again next season

1 hour ago, Tommo_b said:

I feel confident 2 billionaires probably know how to appoint staff to work for them, if Henry is who they have chosen then they have obviously spoken to him and done other research and feel confident he will get us promotion eventually.  

So whoever is in charge I will support.

I don't. How many times have we seen very successful and rich people take over clubs, not understanding that football is like no other business. They should not rush into anything , which seems to be what they are doing. We saw it down the road with Zola, we saw it at Blackburn with Venky's. People who know not much just changing for changes sake.

30 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Would he be such a risk if a director of football came on board too, and implemented a style accross the club like Steve Round once promised? If we could take a direction and stay with it, then managers can come and go. It would mitigate the risk with Henry at least. I'm basically thinking what Southampton did.

if he's not good enough unless there's a DOF on board then he's not good enough full stop...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, meregreen said:

I’m looking forward to seeing us at least try and play some decent football under Henry. It’s been two seasons of utter garbage from Bruce and his soon to be gone coaching team.

How do you know Henry will play decent football? The fact is even he won't know what will work for him.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nigel said:

How do you know Henry will play decent football? The fact is even he won't know what will work for him.

because he's younger than 50? played as a striker? i cannot think of any other logic people are using aside from pure guesswork

4 minutes ago, Nigel said:

He said 'at least try'. 

I see we are a frequently pessimistic group no matter what side of grass we're on.

I also think Gary Neville may have had a better shot had he spoken Spanish. 

Edited by praisedmambo

It’s also a risk to allow Bruce to stay and play the same old fashioned, tired hoof ball style in a league which is so competitive. 

Last week we wanted sustainability, to rebuild the club based around our younger squad. This week after new investment it seems that’s changed to wanting instant success again. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nigel said:

This. Also to play decent football don't you first need decent footballers? I'm not sure we currently do in all honesty.

Anyone predicting doom and gloom is going to be statistically correct, it more than likely will fail in some way in that how rare is it for new owners and a new manager to get instant success. But it's a start in the right direction in my book, and I wasn't even Bruce out apart from that dark moment when we all were. The main thing is that we don't rip up the plan and start another direction should Henry fail.

• Like 2