New Manager Speculation

maqroll

3 minutes ago, sne said:

Zidane

Solskjaer is a better comparison though. Zidane took over Real Madrid but Solskjaer had similar ideas to play the game and his stint at Cardiff is very similar to our situation

Just now, hippo said:

He was IMO never going to walk.

The novelty factor of Henry will be long gone by mid October.

Why are you so certain that Henry would fail? 

Either way, I have a lot more faith in our new owners whatever their decision is, compared to if Dr Tony was left to do it.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

no outstanding candidate as we dont have a vacancy and managers wont through there name out for a job that doesnt exist

We aren't in a position to go and get the established best managers, we were half way decent club back then in the premier league.

The best type of established manager we can attract down here is the likes of Pardew, Moyes and Pulis. So I would rather try to get the next up and coming good manager like Huddesfield, Fulham and Wolves did

• Like 3

Solskjaer is a better comparison though. Zidane took over Real Madrid but Solskjaer had similar ideas to play the game and his stint at Cardiff is very similar to our situation

What are Henry's ideas to play the game?

Would be interesting to read as I've not read up on him yet.

Any links to interviews or such.

If he is to be our new manager (doubt it) I'd like to know.

Just now, Junxs said:

We aren't in a position to go and get the established best managers, we were half way decent club back then in the premier league.

The best type of established manager we can attract down here is the likes of Pardew, Moyes and Pulis. So I would rather try to get the next up and coming good manager like Huddesfield, Fulham and Wolves did

Jokanovic had a promotion on his belt, Nuno was a Champions League manager at Valencia and Porto. If they can attract managers like that why cant we go and attract similar especially with this alleged funding coming through

• Like 2

Just now, Junxs said:

Well one of owners is worth £7bn - and Nathan Jones at Luton is an up and coming manager. Henry isn't even a manager - let alone up and coming. 

Just now, sne said:

well everybody assumes because he played for Arsenal and Barcelona he is going to want us playing from the back and have a silky style of football when he will inherit Elphick, Jedinak and Whelan

It really has disaster all over it like Houllier trying get Collins, Dunne and Reo-Coker to play out from back

• Like 1

Just now, Zatman said:

well everybody assumes because he played for Arsenal and Barcelona he is going to want us playing from the back and have a silky style of football when he will inherit Elphick, Jedinak and Whelan

It really has disaster all over it like Houllier trying get Collins, Dunne and Reo-Coker to play out from back

OK sorry, thought you had read something.

1 minute ago, sne said:

He wants the change the culture, and the ethos of the club and give us a real playing identity, lay foundations for the future with modern coaching methods - and any other cliche these managers who barley win a game  talk about.

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Precisely - and a bit worrying that our new overlords don't see that. could easily end up in a relegation scrap 

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Wtf?? Thia is unbeleivable if true 

I have no idea the logic of this.

Its about as logical as Villa getting relegated, then get taken over by a supposed Chinese billionaire, then blowing all the money within 2 seasons, and then getting saved from  administration by two other billionaires.

Yes we are living in some strange times.

• Like 3

Jokanovic had a promotion on his belt, Nuno was a Champions League manager at Valencia and Porto. If they can attract managers like that why cant we go and attract similar especially with this alleged funding coming through

FFP.. we cant go and spend the limited amount we have on poaching and paying millions in compensation. We have to look at whats available, conversations would have been had with Henry - he comes across as a very intelligent guy and would have put forward some good convincing ideas. Everybody has to start somewhere, why cant we be the ones to give a guy a chance for once rather than always going for the 'established' guys who always fail. Now is the best time to try something like this as we arent going up with Bruce and we arent going down with someone else. Let him build for a couple of years, see where it takes us. 

• Like 2

Just now, Junxs said:

FFP.. we cant go and spend the limited amount we have on poaching and paying millions in compensation. We have to look at whats available, conversations would have been had with Henry - he comes across as a very intelligent guy and would have put forward some good convincing ideas. Everybody has to start somewhere, why cant we be the ones to give a guy a chance for once rather than always going for the 'established' guys who always fail. Now is the best time to try something like this as we arent going up with Bruce and we arent going down with someone else. Let him build for a couple of years, see where it takes us. 

Henry just quit a 4million a year job, he isnt going to quit SKY for much less than that

1 minute ago, Junxs said:

I can honestly see Henry lasting less than a season.

Henry would be a worthwhile gamble I think. Seems like a smart man who knows his own mind, certainly when it comes to football. He's got to start somewhere...

Worst case though is that he'd be a disaster and relegate us. And whatever you think about Bruce, I'd say it's highly unlikely that he'd take us down.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, hippo said:

I can honestly see Henry lasting less than a season.

Because he does so well that Arsenal nick him?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1