New Manager Speculation

maqroll

Just now, Jareth said:

Can't get to it here but TheTrees who used to plane spot Randy's jet says on Twitter Henry's only coming if Wenger is DOF. Not sure how he knows this from working in an airport...

You think Henry and Wenger's wages would keep you within FFP or don't they count towards it?

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

Can't get to it here but TheTrees who used to plane spot Randy's jet says on Twitter Henry's only coming if Wenger is DOF. Not sure how he knows this from working in an airport...

Those radios can pick up all sorts it seems!

4 minutes ago, Hoof hearted said:

I'll take "didn't happen....." for $500 please Bob. 

If it's true then aren't you breaching employment regulations by spewing your ITK on a message board? 

What the hell? I'm not employed by any football club. I work with people in the game and the general consensus is, and had been for some time, that our problems are severe and whilst it may have been relieved somewhat with the arrival of new owners, there is still a huge financial hole to fill.

That is a bad position to be in. Especially when we have already lost so many players.

Edited by One For The Road

Just now, ColonelBlimp said:

You think Henry and Wenger's wages would keep you within FFP or don't they count towards it?

If you're a gazzilionaire you only want the best - as for FFP - god knows what the plan is there...

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Rumours are steve bould will be Henry's number 2. That puts my mind a little at ease as he is a very experienced coach. If true if course as I don't think it is.

That would be a major plus if true

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I think he was referring to himself? He only wants Henry if Wenger is involved too I think.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jareth said:

1 minute ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

I think he was referring to himself? He only wants Henry if Wenger is involved too I think.

Yeah that's definitely what he's implying - just personal opinion.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, holteend1982 said:

I knew for a fact a lot of our fans would want Henry for this reason. Just because they played for clubs that play good football it doesn't mean they will automatically implement it into their management style, plus it's always going to be difficult to have that style when we have players like whelan and jedinak in the midfield. 

Zola was one of the greatest premier league players I've ever seen and look what happened with him at Birmingham. 

Like I said, it's a gamble, but then , most managerial appointments are.

4 minutes ago, Nigel said:

What the hell is a Xia gamble?

He hired Bruce, the equivalent of collecting the £250 on Who wants to be a millionaire! 

??

Best description of Bruce's appointment yet.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jareth said:

It really is happening then...

not necessarily...betting suspended means someones just spunked a load of cash on it not that coral have inside knowledge, could be someone with too much money getting overly excited after reading twitter

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

not necessarily...betting suspended means someones just spunked a load of cash on it not that coral have inside knowledge, could be someone with too much money getting overly excited after reading twitter

Somebody who read the back of the Star this morning... ?

Henry and Bould as no2 is the kind of direction I want to see villa go, new owners will want to stamp their own mark and rightly so, why keep a manager who has failed to get promotion.

Bruce has done well to stabilize us as a club and stop the rotten atmosphere we had post relegation. He has done his bit to lay good foundations so credit where it is due, it's now the natural cylcle of our evolution (I hope) and we move forward with progressive men in charge.

• Like 2