New Manager Speculation

maqroll

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Henry just quit a 4million a year job, he isnt going to quit SKY for much less than that

People take pay cuts to get their dream jobs all the time

Just now, Junxs said:

People take pay cuts to get their dream jobs all the time

Yeah a 2nd division football team he has no allegiance with except he scored a cheating goal against us from a free-kick

dream job

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Yeah a 2nd division football team he has no allegiance with except he scored a cheating goal against us from a free-kick

dream job

Don't forget the handball v Ireland too

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

that has nothing to do with Villa ;)

Every Villa fan loves Ireland! Every one I know certainly does

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Have no idea what to think about this (presuming it happens). I've long said that we should push the boat out and go for someone fresher (as opposed to the usual plodders like Bruce) but Henry has no experience whatsoever.

Then again, we're not really going anywhere with Bruce so might as well try something different.

• Like 2

We played safe far too often, prefer to shoot for stars and have this opportunity with Henry.  May never have a chance to gamble like this again.  The team should be good enough not to get relegated and Henry might add much need sparkle up front.

he will also bring knowledge of the upcoming Belgium players and probably French as well.

Let’s go for it

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Honestly couldn't care less. It was the referee's fault anyway.

I was talking the cheating free kick he was allowed get away with at villa park and then said after the game it was fair

Personally against the idea of appointing Henry, he was a great player but I think he is an awful pundit, talks complete nonsense and he’s an unproven manager, just a big name. I also like many others want Bruce out but I believe it would be a silly gamble appointing Henry. 

14 minutes ago, NIVillan said:

We played safe far too often, prefer to shoot for stars and have this opportunity with Henry.  May never have a chance to gamble like this again.  The team should be good enough not to get relegated and Henry might add much need sparkle up front.

he will also bring knowledge of the upcoming Belgium players and probably French as well.

Let’s go for it

He spends most his time in England watching Premier League so doubt he knows these Belgian gems unless he streams youth games from home

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

He spends most his time in England watching Premier League so doubt he knows these Belgian gems unless he streams youth games from home

He was assistant manager of the Belgium National Team, would have thought part of that role would be taking note of the up and coming players

23 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Don't forget the handball v Ireland too

I'm half Irish. 94 world cup team was reason I became Villa fan. I don't hold that goal against Henry. It was the refs fault

23 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Have no idea what to think about this (presuming it happens). I've long said that we should push the boat out and go for someone fresher (as opposed to the usual plodders like Bruce) but Henry has no experience whatsoever.

Then again, we're not really going anywhere with Bruce so might as well try something different.

I know it was a different time but how much experience did Gregory have? Still my favourite manager in 24 years as Villa fan

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I know it was a different time but how much experience did Gregory have? Still my favourite manager in 24 years as Villa fan

He had 3 management jobs plus spent time on villa coaching staff

20 minutes ago, fifamad said:

Personally against the idea of appointing Henry, he was a great player but I think he is an awful pundit, talks complete nonsense and he’s an unproven manager, just a big name. I also like many others want Bruce out but I believe it would be a silly gamble appointing Henry. 

As long as we don’t let him anywhere near a microphone during matches we should be ok.