New Manager Speculation

maqroll

I'm totally OK with Henry. 

We didn't go up under Bruce. I don't think we will/would go up this season under Bruce. 

I don't think we'll get relegated under Henry and we could get incredibly lucky with him and get a few players with his contacts that thrive straight away. Henry is potentially a much better manager than Bruce, whom we had at his peak last season and failed. 

Promotion is unlikely this season at this moment in time, I don't think we have much to lose taking a punt on Henry. It'll be entertaining either way! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ColonelBlimp said:

OK chaps and chapesses. Help me out here.

What's the difference between you appointing Henry and us appointing Lampard? 

Both have no managerial experience and yet Lampard is welcomed with open arms and we're all (mostly) excited about what he could do with the squad and younger players.

Seems to be split down the middle with Henry.

Is it because we had Rowett and we're fed up with turgid football? Does Bruce get a free pass because you got to Wembley?

What is it?

I think henry would be welcomed with open arms (mostly) if he gets appointed.

I just think given we currently have a decent manager in charge, we have financial uncertainty in the background, and it's so close to the start of the season, some of us are questioning the risk of appointing an unknown quantity at this stage.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, ColonelBlimp said:

OK chaps and chapesses. Help me out here.

What's the difference between you appointing Henry and us appointing Lampard? 

Both have no managerial experience and yet Lampard is welcomed with open arms and we're all (mostly) excited about what he could do with the squad and younger players.

Seems to be split down the middle with Henry.

Is it because we had Rowett and we're fed up with turgid football? Does Bruce get a free pass because you got to Wembley?

What is it?

because we had sherwood and remi garde 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, terrytini said:

No im not kidding, or ridiculous, nor guilty of wishful thinking. I just posed a question...and indeed it’s my view we are not in turmoil.

You have basically said we are in turmoil because we have to sell some players. Your view does not become fact just because you add in some adjectives to describe those who disagree with it.

I think you'll find that it was you who called my post ridiculous. 

3 minutes ago, Villa_Vids said:

The TH speculation is all a comical misunderstanding. The new owners have upgraded the vac for Bruce's office. Welcome Henry. 

Image result for henry the hoover

Were not that lucky 

24 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

Yes it is pessimism.

I have backed up my point why from this position it's not. Can you explain to me how it's not blind optimism to expect this to work?

4 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

It's just gone ten o'clock and there's been no reaction to the Henry rumour from any of the concerned parties. If Steve's job is safe and the TH story is 'made up media' I would expect a denial from Villa or Henry soon.

I haven't been able to go to sleep yet after my night shift hoping to hear something. 

5 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

Ok. 

And my thoughts on our state are based on knowledge. We are in turmoil. It's that simple.

Oh. Sorry, it’s that simple. All we have to do is acknowledge that you are the definitive keeper of all truths.

Or how about I say “ We aren’t. It’s that simple” ( or “ end of” which I understand is another phrase popular in online conversations).

Is there any reason why you can’t just have your own view without insisting it is THE reality.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, terrytini said:

“ talk of Henry being appointed is ridiculous “ - your view of others @One For The Road

” I won’t call you ridiculous” - my comment before politely explaining why I disagree.

Are you related to Trump ?

Yes he is my grandfather. 

Now, anyone who thinks that Aston Villa is not a club in turmoil is someone who needs to take of their claret and blue tinted glasses.

I work with a number of football clubs and happen to be hear a hell of a lot that goes on. 

Let's agree to disagree and move on.

Edited by One For The Road

1 minute ago, One For The Road said:

Now, anyone who thinks that Aston Villa is not a club in turmoil is someone who needs to take of their claret and blue tinted glasses.

I think we were in turmoil, however, with the new ownership, clearly having more clout than Dr Phoney, coming onboard and yes still with lots of work to do. I would say we can put that behind us.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, One For The Road said:

Again with the “ I’m right” stuff.

Ive got better things to do, so last go. Can’t you see what you are saying is an opinion ?  It therefore doesn’t follow that those that don’t share it are ridiculous, wishful thinkers, blinkered, or anything else.

Im not seeing anything through “ claret and blue glasses”......I don’t think we are in turmoil. I could ( but won’t) go on for ages why. I fully accept somebody else might have the opposite view. But that doesn’t mean I think they are ridiculous, or blind, or anything.

5 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

I work with a number of football clubs and happen to be hear a hell of a lot that goes on. 

It gets worse !

” I work with a number of football clubs and hear what goes on “.

??

Ok.

Well that’s good enough for me. I am wrong. You are so clever, so well informed, so certain, I must be wrong. Silly me.

Oh. No. Hang on. I’m not wrong. I just don’t share your ( and your informants) view.

As for moving on......I moved on in my initial reply. I posed questions, raised ideas, made suggestions. And as a result I’ve been continuing the debate with others. You took the subject back to saying basically your view was the final word. And have done so three more times since. 

3 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

I'll take "didn't happen....." for $500 please Bob. 

If it's true then aren't you breaching employment regulations by spewing your ITK on a message board? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, terrytini said:

It gets worse !

” I work with a number of football clubs and hear what goes on “.

??

Ok.

Well that’s good enough for me. I am wrong. You are so clever, so well informed, so certain, I must be wrong. Silly me.

Oh. No. Hang on. I’m not wrong. I just don’t share your ( and your informants) view.

As for moving on......I moved on in my initial reply. I posed questions, raised ideas, made suggestions. And as a result I’ve been continuing the debate with others. You took the subject back to saying basically your view was the final word. And have done so three more times since. 

My word.