New Manager Speculation

maqroll

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Any new manager may have some doubts when you have morons lobbing vegetables at the manager.  

I thought it was a single cabbage ? - don't tell me someone threw a picked onion as well ?  

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Benitez football is not much better than Bruce. Better manager but not exciting football

Agreed. Said this before and got shot down.

I would 100% be in favour of us appointing Benitez (although I don't think there is any chance of that!)

But I said before if people would expect Benitez to come in and start playing amazing football, especially when/if we go up, then they'll be disappointed.

28 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Agreed. Said this before and got shot down.

I would 100% be in favour of us appointing Benitez (although I don't think there is any chance of that!)

But I said before if people would expect Benitez to come in and start playing amazing football, especially when/if we go up, then they'll be disappointed.

Not bothered about the football just a team that's successful not winning 5-6 games then imploding the next 6 and repeat.

1 hour ago, wilko154 said:

Rogers is being linked with Manchester United today, there's no way he's coming to Villa Park.

You mention Moyes (ex man utd manager) being touted as a possibility but dismiss Rodgers because he has been linked to man utd?! Besides everyone seems to be getting linked with man utd. I am pretty confident Rodgers will not be top of their manager shortlist so there is definitely a chance he could come to us. 

20 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Not bothered about the football just a team that's successful not winning 5-6 games then imploding the next 6 and repeat.

When do we do the winning 5-6 games bit? Sure we've done it before, but it's all gone to shit.

With compensation being an issue, if Bruce is to leave- I'd definitely have a look at Alan Pardew.
Experienced, achieved promotion, plays decent attacking football and is currently looking for work.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Mav_86 said:

With compensation being an issue, if Bruce is to leave- I'd definitely have a look at Alan Pardew.
Experienced, achieved promotion, plays decent attacking football and is currently looking for work.

This has to be a wind-up surely?

No?
Granted his time at the Baggies wasn't successful to say the least but he's an attacking manager. There's pros and cons to all possible replacements. Sure we could all come up with a list of 5 names- but the Brendan Rogers, Benitez's aren't going to come

1 minute ago, Mav_86 said:

No?
Granted his time at the Baggies wasn't successful to say the least but he's an attacking manager. There's pros and cons to all possible replacements. Sure we could all come up with a list of 5 names- but the Brendan Rogers, Benitez's aren't going to come

He was quite attacking when he headbutted Meyler that time

• Like 1

Alan Pardew? No thanks.

I'd rather us finally give Curbishley the job :D 

I hope to god whoever it is has no previous ties to SHA. Not because I care that they do, but i'm sick of the media thinking we care about it. 

Edited by PieFacE

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

Alan Pardew? No thanks.

I'd rather us finally give Curbishley the job :D 

I hope to god whoever it is has no previous ties to SHA. Not because I care that they do, but i'm sick of the media thinking we care about it. 

If the blosers have a better manager than us. Monk doing half decent with a  shit blose team. Why cant we never get these appointments right ffs

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

If the blosers have a better manager than us. Monk doing half decent with a  shit blose team. Why cant we never get these appointments right ffs

Good question!

Do you go with experienced, tried and tested or someone a bit left field but might be a gem?

I think a word with JT might be the best port of call- knows most of the players, comes in with immediate respect, knows the goal, knows the club, be interesting to see how he goes about implementing his own team with what he has learnt over the years.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

I'm not bothered either. But there are plenty of people on here who very much are bothered by it. In fact some who value it over results.

37 minutes ago, Mav_86 said:

I'd rather hand Bruce a 25 year contract than appoint that word removed.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Herman22 said:

Would Wenger be convinced to take a DoF or similar role? 

No.

It really isn't going to help the new manager having part of our fan base expecting a world class manager turn up. 

I'm hearing some mental names. Wenger? I mean, seriously?

It was Zidane and Fonseca earlier too.

Think Dean Smith and work out from there. Maybe Henry will get his first managers gig but we really need to tone these names down.