New Manager Speculation

maqroll

We are nowhere near ready to rejoin the Premier league, but we are in a league that a good attacking manager could get us out of.

We need to split getting promoted and staying in the Premier league into two stages.

Stage one is getting into the top two of an average league.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

Seriously though, Allardyce is a different beast to Bruce entirely. It would be a massive step up. I don't think we should fear him.

I actually agree. I think we could get promoted under fat sam. The football wouldn't be great, but it would be organised and we'd have an actual gameplan. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

Seriously though, Allardyce is a different beast to Bruce entirely. It would be a massive step up. I don't think we should fear him.

This is true. But fans wont accept him because of his football

Just now, AvfcRigo82 said:

Left on my "wish list" are...

Ranieri, Sanchez Flores & Benitez.

Happy with anyone of those 3 but I doubt it will be any of them either.  :rolleyes:

I am suprised flores hasn't been contacted he would be a great success here I feel 

• Like 3

Just now, Demitri_C said:

I am suprised flores hasn't been contacted he would be a great success here I feel 

Absolutely.

Before everyone attacks me - Rafa and friends are available for £6m compo... - Same compo as Rodgers.

Have a word Christian.

39 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

On reflection though, fact is the board have a shortlist.

Barring speculation none of us know who is actually on the list.

Henry was obvious favourite, and they have claimed they wanted to make a statement.

I'm going to try to remain confident they can still pull something tasty off.

Although "Mendes" is viewed as an "evil" in football by many, let's be real, he is the top dog in the game.

FFP, Deal structuring and brown paper bag handling might be complicating certain things too.

I think the main challenge is that we probably want it tied up asap and some of these managers might be dithering about before making a decision.

Can't really blame the board for wanting to hurry as they don't want the whole season sacrificed either.

The break is a perfect time for them to get settled.

Have they? Where?

13 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

I don't fear him....just don't want him !!!!

4 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I actually agree. I think we could get promoted under fat sam. The football wouldn't be great, but it would be organised and we'd have an actual gameplan. 

Thank you ?I think you may be the only one who agrees! Not my first choice obviously, but I just don't think he'd be that bad. He'd be the more right type of safe-ish bet.