New Manager Speculation

maqroll

Just now, Taxahunter said:

Oscar Garcia has managed 9 different clubs since 2009, its really not that type of manager I would like to have at Villa, 

He is also shit.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Exactly this. Sam was one the first managers to change how technology is used. He also signed some of the most creative players the Premier League ever saw at his time at Bolton. 

Very harsh to compare him to Bruce.

Bruce signed Dugarry and Heskey ?

7 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Has Allardyce ever failed at any job? To my recollection he's always at least delivered on expectations. That's really all we need here tbh

Newcastle, did **** all at Everton either

His 2 biggest club positions

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Rafa would  be my number one choice but he won't leave them for us lets be realistic 

Yes, let's be realistic. We need to aim for your Allerdyces, McCarthys, your Dean Smiths etc.

Forget aiming high and trying for the Ranieri's, Benithez's etc. We don't want success or promotion.

4 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Yes, let's be realistic. We need to aim for your Allerdyces, McCarthys, your Dean Smiths etc.

Forget aiming high and trying for the Ranieri's, Benithez's etc. We don't want success or promotion.

We could probably get Ranieri.

Wouldn't be a very good appointment imo, but I think we could get him.

I'm not sure why you're mocking Dem for being realistic. You'll be the one disappointed when you're expecting Rafa and we end up with Moyes.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

If we're talking about unrealistic but possibly attainable appointments, then it would be Rodgers for me. 
I think it's unlikely he'd drop down to our level, but not out of the question.

I don't think it's that unlikely.

15+ years ago the top players from Scotland went to the Premier League, 10+ years ago that shifted to the championship, nowadays top scottish clubs lose players to league 2 and even non-league.

Not sure it differs much for Managers.

I don't really like Rodgers but it would be interesting to see what he could do here.