New Manager Speculation

maqroll

Can't see Shakhtar releasing their manager in the middle of a Champions League campaign even if Fonseca would want to come here.

Unless he has a Championship club release clause :crylaugh:

More chance of us getting Costinha featuring Maniche.

• Like 1

As @jackbauer24 has said, there is no such things as a long term manager anymore. The days of Wenger and Fergie are gone. I’d be amazed if Mourinho doesn’t go this season, and Conte didn’t last long at Chelsea, and it’s the same with smaller clubs. 

Gian Pieri Gasperini has been at Atalanta for a couple of years and they have really over achieved under him. Would like to see what he could do with us, although no Championship experience... does that really matter?

1 minute ago, alreadyexists said:

As @jackbauer24 has said, there is no such things as a long term manager anymore. The days of Wenger and Fergie are gone. I’d be amazed if Mourinho doesn’t go this season, and Conte didn’t last long at Chelsea, and it’s the same with smaller clubs. 

Gian Pieri Gasperini has been at Atalanta for a couple of years and they have really over achieved under him. Would like to see what he could do with us, although no Championship experience... does that really matter?

more worried about his lack of English at the moment. but realistically why would you leave top 6 Serie A team a for mid-table Championship squad

2 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

He could bring Gollini back :hooray:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fowlersrs said:

Could we not interest some of the support staff aswell, I know that would be down to them individually if they wanted to follow him out the door. I think your right on his own it would be a massive risk...

Mind you if you've seen the pandemonium at avfc right now the risk would be worth taking.. 

Wouldn't surprise me if it was Henry tbh either so your man may be safe..

The owners company is very much merged into the club as it deals with odds and stats that has been ridiculed in some quarters but not so much these days.Chris Wilder Sheffield United manager said a while back if he wanted to copy Brentford he would need to employ 180 people which is a bit of an exaggeration but it is a very big structure.Dean Smith seems very comfortable in his role with very limited responsibilities he doesn’t have to go scouting for players or involved in transfers.He reports to 2 DoFs and has 2 other coaches alongside of him although he is head coach they have a very democratic policy that would not suit some managers like Bruce Pullis Ect.Last season we started winless for 8 games and there was no pressure on him. at a big club like yours he’d be out I expect.I think  he would suffer like Paul Heckingbottom did at Leeds.

• Like 2

Imagine if we got Paulo Fonseca..

That is very very unrealistic.

There is no way that he would leave champions league football for an afternoon in Blackburn just because his agent said so.

However if there is a 0.01% chance of it being a possibility then why not.

I'm slightly getting my hopes up over a tweet ?

5 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

He'd have a heart attack if he arrived and got told Jedinak was his centre half 

I think anyone would be as equally baffled.

'So we have 1 CB at the club, ok i guess i need to look at the youth set up. What, we've sold/loaned them out aswell?

tenor.gif?itemid=9280717

http://futbolgrad.com/paulo-fonseca-coach-shakhtar/

No Champions League money meant no new signings. As a result, Paulo Fonseca had to make do with the players already available in the squad or players that were previously loaned out by Lucescu and played little to no role in the Romanians plans.

Paulo Fonseca improved the squad despite not making any signings

Against the odds, Paulo Fonseca ended up making the most out of the situation by improving on existing players.

It is perhaps that latest feature that has drawn some parallels between Fonseca and his friend Pep Guardiola. But while both like to play cultured football and are looking for a way to play perfect football Fonseca’s approach seems a bit more chaotic at times. Like Guardiola, the Portuguese coach believes in the perfect buildup play but he also allows his teams to sit deep and snap forward in chaotic fashion in order to overwhelm the opposition.

It is almost Guardiola has been merged with Jürgen Klopp to create a symphony of Beethoven and Metallica. It is definitely an intriguing way to approach the game and Shakhtar, despite going out against Roma in the round of 16, without a doubt have been one of the most fascinating teams to watch in this year’s Champions League.

One can but dream for detailed tactical approach and  some tactical insight other than the cliched dross Bruce pedals about not putting our boots on ... 

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

We might have a chance at these names once we get out of this division but no way before then

To get out the division Allardyce is probably the best and most realistic option. I dislike his football but he gets results. I'd take his style if it meant getting promotion. I'd happily sacrifice style for points. Look at West Ham, fat Sam was the best manager they had in years. Now they are **** but at least they have their fancy foreign flair manager they  all demanded.

• Like 2