New Manager Speculation

maqroll

I have no qualifications. I have no managerial experience. I've never even played Championship Manager on a computer. But I can guarantee I'd put a team out that more fans would support than Bruce does on a weekly basis. Even if I'm now stuck with his silly GK situation and utterly inexcusable CB choices, I'd put a team out that fans would at least recognise as having some potential.

So I think I'm now at that most desperate of points where by any manager is going to be an improvement. Samba as a striker, Jedi as a defender, he's desperate to reposition players. Any manager is going to come in and put players in their proper position at the very least. They may even have a tactical plan, they may play more than one up front, they may even make substitutes in relation to what is happening on the pitch.

I'm done, just get out my club. Practically all names I'd approve of as I'm not sure what Bruce gives us - especially this season.

59 minutes ago, avfcwills10 said:

Ralph Hasenhuttl would be my first choice by far. 

The whole thing with Rangnick taking over was weird. Did he decide Hasenhuttl wasn't playing the right sort of football or something?

Just bringing this across from the locked thread - 

2 hours ago, reykjavik said:

Ok, I admit it.  I am not Steve Bruce fan.  But in Bruce I do not believe.

Who could be our next manager?

Here is one list.  Some of them will never come, are too big.
We have to think big, but be realistic at same time.

Some of you want Sam Allardyce, I do not think he is our best choice.  This is at least my list, as stupid as it is.  But it is not that bad I put Bruce on it :)

I would check Martin Schmidt.  He is experienced both by VFL and also Mainz 05.  He was promoted from Mainz 05 II to Mainz 05.  He is at good age, and want definitely greater carrier.  He is my first choice,  eventhough he has only "1,34 in average".

What about Ally McCoist, is he a bad choice?

Name Last Club Av.points
Ally McCoist Rangers  2,30
Laurent Blanc France 2,16
Hannes Wolf VFB Stuttgart 1,99
Frank De Boer Crystal Palace 1,96
Arsene Wenger Arsenal 1,90
Eric Gerets Al-Jazira 1,80
Claudio Ranieri Nantes 1,67
Peter Stöger Dortmund 1,57
Oleg Blokhin Dynamov Kiev 1,46
David Moyes West Ham 1,46
Sam Allardyce Everton 1,36
Helder Critavao Benfica B 1,47
Martin Schmidt VFL Wolfsburg 1,34

3 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

The whole thing with Rangnick taking over was weird. Did he decide Hasenhuttl wasn't playing the right sort of football or something?

Hassenhuttl lost the dressing room near end of season and were trashed in Europa League though Rangnick is only managing this season until Nagelmann takes over next season when he is out of contract

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, TRO said:

We need a manager like a young Graham Taylor.....to build something together.

not just a one hit wonder to try and get us up.

we need substance and building blocks and an incremental build.

I’m ok with this, as long as it’s aggressive, bordering on impatience.  A seven year plan to get us promotion might be incremental, but it won’t work here.  The players, the club, our opponents, and fans need to see the intensity.  Incremental can’t mean ponderous.  

16 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

I’m ok with this, as long as it’s aggressive, bordering on impatience.  A seven year plan to get us promotion might be incremental, but it won’t work here.  The players, the club, our opponents, and fans need to see the intensity.  Incremental can’t mean ponderous.  

Win 1-0 the first match, 2-0 the second, then 3-0, a 4-0 win for match number four........  Is that the sort of incremental progress you had in mind? :)  

4 hours ago, USA_Villa said:

Well we've seen what happens when you throw a bunch of players on a pitch and ask them to work it out themselves.

Dean Smith is a coach that has a philosophy on how his team should play, prepares them, coaches them, and consistently has his team playing good football and performing above where you would expect them to be. I want some of that.

the brentford head of football philosophy might have something to say about that.

I want a long-term manager to start his work now. Not one like Sam and Ranieri to save this season. 

Would be happy with Rodgers. Ok with Smith. Terrified with inexperience and excited about a left-field option with a good reputation.

1 hour ago, Dick said:

rodgers1_2332799c.jpg

? I’d love “The  Brodge” as Noel Gallagher eloquently referred to him... just can’t see it before the summer as I said before.... Ralf a Rangnick will be free as well ... tough call .. stick and wait or twist now  ?

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, thabucks said:

? I’d love “The  Brodge” as Noel Gallagher eloquently refereed to him... just can’t see it before the summer as I said before.... Ralf a Rangnick will be free as well ... tough call .. stick and wait or twist now  ?

Well I'd presume Rangnick will be taking back up his director of football role at the Red Bull empire? @Zatman

You reckon Hassenhuttl  is worth a look Zat?

7 minutes ago, thabucks said:

? I’d love “The  Brodge” as Noel Gallagher eloquently refereed to him... just can’t see it before the summer as I said before.... Ralf a Rangnick will be free as well ... tough call .. stick and wait or twist now  ?

Weird day when I'm on the same page as both yourself, and TRO. If Briny agrees with me next, I might explode :D

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, reykjavik said:

Henry is maybe to much risk.  Ranieri, if possible, would be a good choice.

Im sure the players performance would improve significantly just based in them being sick of kebabs, pizza will be like a new manager buzz

Just reading about Jesse Marsch @ RB Leipzig whilst searching for hope ....  anyways I’m  not proposing but I just want us to pick out a gem like John Gregory from nowhere ... tired of the same old rinse repeat routine under Bruce ...

I’m growing distant from the club in many ways as at my age and stage of life I want to be entertained and under Bruce I just haven’t and can’t be. My love runs deep and will always be there but I’ve noticed a change and I after being an avid fan since 1990 I need to get back to loving and enjoying us play .... The time is now for the transformation to be completed ... 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Well I'd presume Rangnick will be taking back up his director of football role at the Red Bull empire? @Zatman

You reckon Hassenhuttl  is worth a look Zat?

at Leipzig the system is already created and the style is defined. The criticism people have of Dean Smith :rolleyes:

He has done well elsewhere but coaches from German leagues seems to be lower league trend though not sure how they are working out