New Manager Speculation

maqroll

4 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

Sky Sports News understands former Real Madrid midfielder Guti is among the candidates who will be interviewed for the St Mirren managerial job this week.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11797/11394352/guti-and-robbie-neilson-among-st-mirren-managerial-candidates-set-to-be-interviewed

Youth coach at Real Madrid. Let's take a punt. ?

Hmmm he might be my new manager that will be great :)

the thing with arteta is you cant know for sure because he hasnt had the opportunity yet but you look at the way he played football, you look at the coaching he had and how he's done his badges, last couple of years of his career with wenger, a couple of years with pep...i might be wrong here but he's not going to reinvent pulis ball is he? 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Young upcoming managers can be named all they want but with limited budget and players like Whelan,Elmo, Jedinak, Hogan etc

Dont expect great football and miracles

Agreed I'd  settle for just miracles 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, dounavilla said:

Based on......?

He played for arsenal, worked under pep and is Spanish so obviously he would have us playing fast atracking free flowing tika taka football by September. 

In all seriousness though I doubt he'd even be interested, he will surely want a bigger gig than a club with no money to spend and such high expectations, just not a good way to start your managing career in my opinion. 

6 hours ago, villa4europe said:

the thing with arteta is you cant know for sure because he hasnt had the opportunity yet but you look at the way he played football, you look at the coaching he had and how he's done his badges, last couple of years of his career with wenger, a couple of years with pep...i might be wrong here but he's not going to reinvent pulis ball is he? 

That's great but you could probably say similar things about Zola and he has always been a car crash of a manager - Apart from his glorious stint at SHA obviously! :D

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, dounavilla said:

Based on......?

Worked under two of the best Managers of our generation, schooled in progressive football and worked his way through youth system so good with kids.

we are looking at the negative side of Villa, there are Coaches who are keen to prove themselves who would see us as a career maker.  We are focusing on the career breaker part.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

Young managers would have to be brave to come here.

I think that is exactly what we need, a gamble, someone out to prove themselves. Will probably go tits up but we've come to expect that anyway. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Zatman said:

My hatred towards Guti would be enough to not want him as Villa manager. Dickhead

If he has the same work ethic as a manager that he did as a player he will fail spectacularly.

Mellberg may get the Malmo job. Id love him it if he became our manager one day and brought in Laursen as his assistant. At least we would have passion for the club.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, holteend1982 said:

He played for arsenal, worked under pep and is Spanish so obviously he would have us playing fast atracking free flowing tika taka football by September. 

In all seriousness though I doubt he'd even be interested, he will surely want a bigger gig than a club with no money to spend and such high expectations, just not a good way to start your managing career in my opinion. 

If Derby can appoint Lampard, we could attract Arteta.  I think it would be quite an attractive proposition for him actually.

6 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Aston Villa is a career ender of a club for managers.

I can only think of Graham Taylor who has managed bigger after leaving us. 

Young managers would have to be brave to come here.

You make a good point because - despite all of the loathing of Paul Lambert, he came here very eagerly anticipated on the back of building a fine free flowing Norwich city - look at him now, he is a broken man in footballing terms - i said at the time he left us he'd never recover from his villa experience and this does seem to be the case thus far 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dave J said:

You make a good point because - despite all of the loathing of Paul Lambert, he came here very eagerly anticipated on the back of building a fine free flowing Norwich city - look at him now, he is a broken man in footballing terms - i said at the time he left us he'd never recover from his villa experience and this does seem to be the case thus far 

I don't think that prediction quite makes you Mystic Meg yet :lol:  

It was hardly a gamble to suggest he was going to be cack after what he delivered in his final season here.