New Manager Speculation

maqroll

58 minutes ago, KSV said:

Mellberg may get the Malmo job. Id love him it if he became our manager one day and brought in Laursen as his assistant. At least we would have passion for the club.

This kind of logic is how the barcodes ended up with Shearer in charge. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

I don't think that prediction quite makes you Mystic Meg yet :lol:  

It was hardly a gamble to suggest he was going to be cack after what he delivered in his final season here. 

I think you miss the point ? I don't blame him - I blame the club 

4 hours ago, Dave J said:

You make a good point because - despite all of the loathing of Paul Lambert, he came here very eagerly anticipated on the back of building a fine free flowing Norwich city - look at him now, he is a broken man in footballing terms - i said at the time he left us he'd never recover from his villa experience and this does seem to be the case thus far 

Not just Lambert..look at our managers since Taylor (mk1), O’Neil aside, none have managed at the top level successfully (or at all) again.

Edited by mikeyp102

55 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Surely we can no longer afford Bruce so it is going to need to be someone very cheap. Danny Cowley possibly but we may not be able to afford the compensation. Mellberg might be cheap but not ideal circumstances for a club legend.

If we can't afford his wages, we certainly couldn't afford to pay him out of his contract. 

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

If we can't afford his wages, we certainly couldn't afford to pay him out of his contract. 

He is on a rolling 1 year contract, surely we are near the end, does that mean he needs 1 year compensation or is it the case he is free to terminate at the end of the season?

Edited by Kuwabatake Sanjuro

4 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

He is on a rolling 1 year contract, surely we are near the end, does that mean he needs 1 year compensation or is it the case he is free to terminate at the end of the season?

A 1 year rolling contract means there's always 1 year on it, we'd owe him a year's wages.

I don't think we're so skint we can't pay the wages, but even if that is the case and we're struggling that badly, it's better to not have to pay it all up front just to get rid of him. 

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

A 1 year rolling contract means there's always 1 year on it, we'd owe him a year's wages.

I don't think we're so skint we can't pay the wages, but even if that is the case and we're struggling that badly, it's better to not have to pay it all up front just to get rid of him. 

This day is not getting any better.

15 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I'll take "Hindsight came knocking" for £500 please Bob..

• Sad 1

22 hours ago, Davkaus said:

This kind of logic is how the barcodes ended up with Shearer in charge. 

Agreed.

It's nonsense, basically.

Ex-players rarely succeed as managers.