New Manager Speculation

maqroll

37 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Mark Warburton probably gets my vote. Dean Smith would if it would be viable to bring in Brentford's impressive backroom set-up also.

Wouldn't happen. It doesn't work that way at Brentford. I know it's semantics but at Brentford, the manager doesn't have a backroom team, as such - he is just one cog in the machine. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, choffer said:

Wouldn't happen. It doesn't work that way at Brentford. I know it's semantics but at Brentford, the manager doesn't have a backroom team, as such - he is just one cog in the machine. 

Yeah, so I'm saying, just buy the machine! :P

Just now, Rob182 said:

Yeah, so I'm saying, just buy the machine! :P

The machine ain't for sale and even if it was, it only works because Brentford have the instruction manual for the machine and there's no way they're parting with that ;)

45 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Mark Warburton probably gets my vote. Dean Smith would if it would be viable to bring in Brentford's impressive backroom set-up also.

The new manager will be walking into an absolute shitstorm, I am not sure either of them is the right person in the current climate.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

May be a slight problem with the " buying " bit at the moment!!

I didn't put it in this thread, but I've put it in a few other threads. But my approach would just be to sell Grealish, Chester and the fringe players and use that £40-£50m as a way of paying the debts and keeping the club afloat with a new, cheap team.

40 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

I didn't put it in this thread, but I've put it in a few other threads. But my approach would just be to sell Grealish, Chester and the fringe players and use that £40-£50m as a way of paying the debts and keeping the club afloat with a new, cheap team.

Probably will have to happen but clubs will be aware of our mess and put in much lower bids knowing we are screwed . 

‘Think we will see a very young team in villa shirts next season and need to show patience - it’s a long way back from here and will take time to rebuild .

Just now, Eastie said:

Probably will have to happen but clubs will be aware of our mess and put in much lower bids knowing we are screwed . 

‘Think we will see a very young team in villa shirts next season and need to show patience - it’s a long way back from here and will take time to rebuild .

I can't wait. In a sick and twisted way, I'm really looking forward to us trying to be one of those sides that produces something from nothing. I always loved a good underdog story, and now I'll be rooting for the underdog every Saturday.

It'll be a shame to lose the team that we've come to love this season, but as long as they're wearing claret & blue and put their all in while not fleecing the club for millions, we'll get new heros.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rob182 said:

I can't wait. In a sick and twisted way, I'm really looking forward to us trying to be one of those sides that produces something from nothing. I always loved a good underdog story, and now I'll be rooting for the underdog every Saturday.

It'll be a shame to lose the team that we've come to love this season, but as long as they're wearing claret & blue and put their all in while not fleecing the club for millions, we'll get new heros.

Similar to what Leeds had to do - the sad thing though is those new heroes who do come through will quickly be picked off by richer clubs .

37 minutes ago, fifamad said:

We ain’t got money to sack Bruce unless he walks away so it’s highly unlikely there will be any new manager. 

Highly likely he will walk away - I really don’t think there’s a chance in hell that he will stay ,  Same goes for Grealish too. 

12 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Highly likely he will walk away - I really don’t think there’s a chance in hell that he will stay ,  Same goes for Grealish too. 

I agree with you about Grealish but I’m not so sure Bruce will walk.

1 minute ago, fifamad said:

I agree with you about Grealish but I’m not so sure Bruce will walk.

Bruce is very unlikely to stay unless there's a takeover. He's on a hiding to nothing here, and outside of Villa forums, he's well thought of. He'll be a name on the list for any Championship or lower half PL team that need to recruit a new manager.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Bruce is very unlikely to stay unless there's a takeover. He's on a hiding to nothing here, and outside of Villa forums, he's well thought of. He'll be a name on the list for any Championship or lower half PL team that need to recruit a new manager.

If other clubs come sniffing then I think he may well leave but if not I believe he won’t walk. I might well be wrong, just a feeling I have. 

8 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Is he?  I've put his name to friends who are fans of Swansea, West Ham, Everton (who were in big trouble at the time), Southampton, Leeds, Millwall and Sunderland and none of them wanted Bruce to even be on their short-list of potential managers.  Maybe they all have unrealistic expectations but they all regarded Bruce as old school, past his best and dull.  I don't see many clubs coming in for him - I think the appeal of a younger manager, imposing a new style with young players who wouldn't need replacing within 12 months is going to make Bruce a difficult appointment for another club to get the fans behind.