New Manager Speculation

maqroll

8 minutes ago, paul1984 said:

Regardless, he's hardly going to be sacked by the owner.

Personally I think that is a very distinct possibility. Im expecting fireworks this week.

14 minutes ago, daggy_333 said:

Why? Technically he's failed to do what he was employed to achieve?

Because getting a new manager is seen as a big risk and he was so close to achieving the aim.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hoof hearted said:

I'm expecting nothing @hippo, if he was going he'd be gone by now, deffo a case of 'we go again' here mate.

Middle end of next week I would agree. I just think everyone took a break after the play off final - nothing in Xia's statement about Bruce or 'going again next season'  - no word from Wyness. Everyone is away the shit hits the fan this week IMO

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, paul1984 said:

Because getting a new manager is seen as a big risk and he was so close to achieving the aim.

Regardless of how close he came he's still failed his objective. If we keep him now, he's going to be going into a new season under huge financial restraints, with a much weaker squad. So why would you think he'd do better?

• Like 2

Anyone take Roy Keane? Steamrolled the league with Sunderland, would probably bring through the youth and would be able to keep a good dressing room. 

Or even the return of MON with Keane as assistant?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hairdo said:

Anyone take Roy Keane? Steamrolled the league with Sunderland, would probably bring through the youth and would be able to keep a good dressing room. 

I'm assuming you are just joking!

2 hours ago, Hairdo said:

Although I think he's been written off prematurely as a manager, I'm less than convinced that Roy Keane is the person to keep a good dressing room morale!

5 hours ago, daggy_333 said:

Regardless of how close he came he's still failed his objective. If we keep him now, he's going to be going into a new season under huge financial restraints, with a much weaker squad. So why would you think he'd do better?

I don't think adding to the financial restraints by sacking the manager, hiring a new manager, bringing in their coaching staff whilst compensating the old coaching staff is the way Dr T will go...  

They only way I see Bruce not here next season is if he decided to walk... he's had a very tough 9-12 months with life and could totally understand it if he does

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Hairdo said:

Last time he was here he had a fight with agbonlahor and kicked off with Delph then was moved on after 6 months for basically been an absolute tool so I dunno why you'd think he'd keep a good dressing room. 

MON would spend our  entire 2.75 million transfer budget on wages for a right back we never play so that's also a no from me. Next ridiculous suggestion please. 

Edited by holteend1982
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, sne said:

Potter to Swansea a done deal.

Oh well...

Good luck to him but Swansea is as badly run as our club. Unless he gets off to a good start he could be gone by December

Since Laudrup left in 2014 they have had 5 manager and 3 caretakers with Monk the only one to get over a year

2 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

Sky Sports News understands former Real Madrid midfielder Guti is among the candidates who will be interviewed for the St Mirren managerial job this week.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11797/11394352/guti-and-robbie-neilson-among-st-mirren-managerial-candidates-set-to-be-interviewed

Youth coach at Real Madrid. Let's take a punt. ?

He is exactly the type of manager we should be going for.  Very highly thought of at Real so i wouldnt be surprised if he takes over from Zidane.  St,Mirren, that has to be some sort of joke.

23 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Neil Lennon has done well at Hibs, failed miserably at Bolton but that was a stupid place to go at the time due to the financial situation.

And has ex villan Gary Parker as his assistant....