Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

3 minutes ago, Skills said:

Man City are about to buy Daniel Arzani from feeder club Melb City and loan him out ala Aaron Mooy

Would be a good replacement for Snoddy and be a very cheap loan option for us...   could do worse

Or we could do nothing which sadly would be my bet.

7 hours ago, Rob182 said:

I thought De Laet had already been sold, but he’s in the photo gallery of our players returning for pre-season training.

Just the 5 right backs in our squad then..

There was an option to buy but they decided they couldn't afford the price they had agreed shortly after news of our financial crisis broke. I suspect Antwerp may well try offering another loan with us perhaps helping them meet some of his wages. Why pay for a player you want when you can take advantage of the mess another club finds itself in after all? 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, John said:

There was an option to buy but they decided they couldn't afford the price they had agreed shortly after news of our financial crisis broke. I suspect Antwerp may well try offering another loan with us perhaps helping them meet some of his wages. Why pay for a player you want when you can take advantage of the mess another club finds itself in after all? 

What a bunch of twerps

• Like 1

The Birmingham Mail report that Sheffield United are interested in loaning Hogan from us. I can see why they might want to do that but would be in it for us? 

7 minutes ago, John said:

The Birmingham Mail report that Sheffield United are interested in loaning Hogan from us. I can see why they might want to do that but would be in it for us? 

wages

8 minutes ago, John said:

It hasn’t worked out for him here for whatever reason, we overpaid for him in the first place but we don’t have many strikers at the football club. I’d keep him for the season

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, John said:

It's hard to see it working out for him here, especially if we keep Bruce.  It may be wise to get him to another team where he may find his feet again get a few goals and possibly bring his reputation back up the the place it was when we signed him.  He needs regular games, and goals.  If he can get them away from Villa Park we may be able to bring him back with confidence renewed and have a better striker, or more likely we can sell him without loosing too much money on him.    Sitting on the bench all season with a manager that has no faith in him does no favours to player or the club so it may not be a bad solution to get his wages off the books and give him at least a chance to shine.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

How do you know?

google, and it looks pretty universally accepted - some places stating £35k/w and some £2m/y, roughly the same.

Our average wage is nearly £30k/w , you don't sign a player for £10m and get him on £5k.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Hogan? £35k/w apparently. 

If he is that will save us some cash over the course of a season to pay the electricity bills but he gets the odd goal for us and letting him leave on loan would further weaken our team. If other clubs want our players they should start bidding for them. We aren't a lending library!

Edited by John

15 minutes ago, a m ole said:

google, and it looks pretty universally accepted - some places stating £35k/w and some £2m/y, roughly the same.

Our average wage is nearly £30k/w , you don't sign a player for £10m and get him on £5k.

Yes I've seen anything from £35k-£40k and described as 'eye watering'. It's not really logical to believe that he's on a low to middling salary given the fee we paid for him and the supposed West Ham 'interest' around the same time.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

3 hours ago, Fowlersrs said:

Robert Huth anyone.. more old men on final paychecks 

I'd take him, but I'd rather see us loan in Tuanzebe again and play him at centerback. Huth is still decent, but Tuanzebe is more versatile and on much much less wages. 

6 hours ago, John said:

Watch us loan him to Sheff United with no recall clause and watch him bang in 20+ goals and fire them to promotion.

This is Villa of course it's going to happen.

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Haven't been following this thread much at all as with the World cup on I'd rather not think about us and our desperate plight.

Thread still is about to hit 50 pages so genuinely interested which players we've actually had credible links to for that number to be nearly hit on.

Or is it just another thread in which people are endlessly taking about Xia and Steve Bruce?

I'd probably take Huth aswell if he is a serious link but he's hardly played a game for Leicester since they won the league.

5 hours ago, Straggler said:

It's hard to see it working out for him here, especially if we keep Bruce.  It may be wise to get him to another team where he may find his feet again get a few goals and possibly bring his reputation back up the the place it was when we signed him.  He needs regular games, and goals.  If he can get them away from Villa Park we may be able to bring him back with confidence renewed and have a better striker, or more likely we can sell him without loosing too much money on him.    Sitting on the bench all season with a manager that has no faith in him does no favours to player or the club so it may not be a bad solution to get his wages off the books and give him at least a chance to shine.

His contract must be running down given we signed him 18 months back so we either give him new contract which would be bonkers with his lack of impact here or give him away on loan with fixed fee to sign him after those 12 months.

Of course if he's rubbish on loan we're stuck like with McCormack.

In fairness Sheffield United played some really good football at times last year. I was impressed as given it was a promoted team full of British players I expected them to be an up and under team but they were anything but when I saw them against Sheffield Weds and Leeds.

They play 3-5-2 system really well so Hogan would probably be effective with first time crosses flying into the box. If Leon Clarke can score 15-20 for them I'm sure Hogan could.

34 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Haven't been following this thread much at all as with the World cup on I'd rather not think about us and our desperate plight.

Thread still is about to hit 50 pages so genuinely interested which players we've actually had credible links to for that number to be nearly hit on.

Or is it just another thread in which people are endlessly taking about Xia and Steve Bruce?

I'd probably take Huth aswell if he is a serious link but he's hardly played a game for Leicester since they won the league.

We were linked with Huth but it seems we can't afford to take him on. Mostly concerned about players leaving it seems the in door will not be needed for a while it at all during this window. We can safely get back to the World Cup for a bit then..

Â