Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

34 minutes ago, striker said:

And more old legs. Need to move on.

Well we currently have old legs at centre back in Jedinak or Elphick on the bench. I would rather have the old legs of John Terry over both of these options.

• Like 3

Just now, wilko154 said:

Well we currently have old legs at centre back in Jedinak or Elphick on the bench. I would rather have the old legs of John Terry over both of these options.

I’d take Terry with one leg over both of them!

That reads very wrong, I know! ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, av1 said:

If thats the case (i not doubting you btw), and given that he is currently without a club, he seems to have 3 choices. 

1) pay cut.

2) Move abroad.

3) Retire. 

I guess we'll find out soon enough. 

(2) don’t think he would given his kids are pretty set here and his daughter plays for Chelsea and is trying to make it in women’s football - if I’m not mistaken

(3) he’s already said he wouldn’t, so that’s clearly not the desire.

so that leaves (1), if (a) he doesn’t want to, see above and maybe he’ll reassess or (b) there’s another option without a pay cut, why hasn’t that happened yet?

The above leaves me to believe if we wanted him, he would be here. It’s a really interesting scenario.

Those saying move on - how on earth would we do that now? Our only option would be a loan, and that’s pointless given Tuanzebe is the best it gets in that category.

In sum, sign JT up (providing it doesn’t bankrupt us!) 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

If we do manage to get Bolasie, Ojo, Targett and Abraham we will be looking pretty formidable. Apart from centre back... ?

Agree I would far rather a CB than Ojo (if indeed Bolasie is coming in). We don't need both. 

I hope Tuanzebe gets a chance tomorrow though.

Oliver McBurnie (Swansea) is turning into one good player!! improved ten fold since going to Barnsley on loan last season! 9 in 17 there. Before that he was a very average young player

We was linked with him before he went to Swansea but ended up bringing Grabban instead on loan

2 tonight against team he support and born in "Leeds"

Think he has 4 already in championship now and their main striker

i'd like Villa to look at him again if we get promoted!!
Edited by Villan4Life

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

There are some reports he is staying in Brum to ight to mull the move. This could be huge

According to the Middlesbrough forum he spent 2 days up there aswell, so he's obviously talking time to make the right move. 

Loved Bolasie years ago when he was at Palace but i worry with the injury he had since moving to Everton. 

Worry because of the injuries that seems to occur a lot with most of our squad usually whilst training at Bodymoor that he will spend a lot of time on treatment table!

Debatable whether he could get back to his best when he is nearly 30 and relied a lot on pace

Is there anyone else on here having doubts about him moving to us or just myself? lol

Rate him a lot but that was least 2 years ago!!

14 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

There are some reports he is staying in Brum to ight to mull the move. This could be huge

Don't worry mate, have arranged for Big John Carew to take him to Spearmint Rhino and his first dance is on me!  He'll sign at 5am tomorrow upon leaving the place :clap:

Edited by ferguson1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Whilst positive in lots of ways, the stories about his knee being shot are a concern - although we did once sign a player from Man Utd with suspect knees and he turned out to be God.  Hope this Bolasie doesn't turn out to be like the Devil, Christ it's been bad enough with McCormack all these months... 

1 minute ago, Made In Aston said:

The way people seem concerned about bolasie's injury you would think we are looking to sign him on a 5 year deal! It's a loan. If he is shit then I'm sure we can cancel it in Jan and get a replacement. 

But this is Aston Villa.

We'll probably be paying for his kids college education and dry cleaning even if he doesn't sign for us on loan.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Darth Villa said:

Whilst positive in lots of ways, the stories about his knee being shot are a concern - although we did once sign a player from Man Utd with suspect knees and he turned out to be God.  Hope this Bolasie doesn't turn out to be like the Devil, Christ it's been bad enough with McCormack all these months... 

I pope he turns out great. Amen.

• Haha 2

Â