Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

19 minutes ago, av1 said:

According to the Middlesbrough forum he spent 2 days up there aswell, so he's obviously talking time to make the right move. 

Well this is their own fault then!

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Well this is their own fault then!

Boro fans think the same. It's strange that we seemed to be linked with exactly the same players. Here

If his old manager, day out at Rockliffe, our league position and a financial package that I'm assuming would have included for the permanent transfer clause a payrise in 12 months wasn't enough to convince him I honestly don't know what else we could have done here I really don't he just preferred Villa/Birmingham in the end then we move on bigger question is if all that wasn't enough to get a player ahead of Villa how on earth are we expecting Ojo/Targett to choose us over them?

6 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

I'm starting to get a little bit concerned that we haven't really been linked with any CBs. Surely Bruce (an ex CB) must be looking to get one in. Surely?! 

I'm sure he is. I guess a winger may just be the first of another two or three to arrive but Shirley might have another opinion. ;)

8 minutes ago, dukes said:

If it’s a choice between Tuanzabe, Elphick, Jedinak or Terry at centre back I’d take Terry all day long.

But it's not a choice between those 4 because Terry is not coming back. Move on people. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, holteend1982 said:

I can now see why Bruce starts him at right back. You could see at Yeovil he's nowhere near ready for it, this will be a big season for his development but for what it's worth I don't think he'll be ready for starting cb any time soon this season. 

well in that case its a stupid signing by Bruce and wasted on a position that didn't need any strengthening

Im not fussed about the whole bruceball thing as the results have been ok, but very annoyed by 3 wasted signings in Tuanzebe, Morreirra and Nyland

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, villa89 said:

But it's not a choice between those 4 because Terry is not coming back. Move on people. 

Yes bruce has confirmed the owners dint want him back. Strange though as terry was sensational for us. I have no doubt if we got bolaise terry and Abraham we would be going up this year

49 minutes ago, Skills said:

well in that case its a stupid signing by Bruce and wasted on a position that didn't need any strengthening

Im not fussed about the whole bruceball thing as the results have been ok, but very annoyed by 3 wasted signings in Tuanzebe, Morreirra and Nyland

We need a squad, not just a first team. If AT is competent across the back line it gives us options we didn't have before. It's not as easy as some think to sign top class players on loan, mainly because top class players tend to not be available on loan. Moriera has obviously been signed for the future, and we had no first team goalkeeper and brought Nyland in, I'm hoping once he settles in he'll be fine as well

If we had to choose I would prefer us to sign a LB over a CB. I know Tuanzebe is very raw but Chester is experienced enough to support him.

Also, with us potentially signing Bolasie and El Ghazi today it is essential that we bring in another striker. Could be quite an exciting week ahead (I hope).

43 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Is it just me who thought Tuanzebe looked fine at centre half in the Yeovil game? Taylor and Elphick were terrible. Tuanzebe was compensating for both.

Nope I thought he was good too. 

Â