Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

Just now, Nigel said:

Yes 'out of position', hes a veteran right back who played left back for one season, regardless of how he performed.

Its moot anyway as we need someone younger faster and more attacking in that role.

To replace Taylor as let's be honest, he is not going to cut it here with us, even in this league.

4 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

We definately don't.

The club has 7 over the 2 positions (excluding Hutton), these are the least 2 positions we need to focus on imo.

2 CB's and a ST for me should be our next priority.

Maybe Snoddy and someone to replace Taylor on the left on the wide positions too.

I was joking mate. How would we sort wide area and top of the pitch with a GK or RB? ?

The worrying part is that Bruce didn’t mention our need for a CB. We definitely need one. I think we could wait until January for a LB. But we definitely need a winger, defender and a striker.

Two cb’s I think is too much, one good quality and we will have also a good back up in Tuanzebe. 

5 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

To replace Taylor as let's be honest, he is not going to cut it here with us, even in this league.

Yes, but id bet it will be to come in as a starter

4 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

I was joking mate. How would we sort wide area and top of the pitch with a GK or RB? ?

The worrying part is that Bruce didn’t mention our need for a CB. We definitely need one. I think we could wait until January for a LB. But we definitely need a winger, defender and a striker.

Two cb’s I think is too much, one good quality and we will have also a good back up in Tuanzebe. 

Yes yes, was not being shirty mate. ;)

If Elphick is deemed surplus we would possibly need 2 as cover to Chester and Zeb, as Suliman also now gone out on loan to Holland.

Bruce still reckons 3 or 4 in...   :thumb:

Would love to see this but I think I’m dreaming, can’t see Bruce playing such an attacking team but, if we we got the right players in, we should be able to blow most teams away in this division.                                      

New Striker

Kodjia/Green.                                                 New WF/Adomah

Grealish      Hourihane/DM      McGinn

New LB                 New CB.         Chester.                  De Laet

Nyland 

Hutton & Elmo are decent backup but not good enough to be starters for a promotion chasing team imo. Suspect and error prone defensively. I wouldn’t mind letting either of them leave but they are useful for squad depth and options. I would like to see Bree more involved too, if not then allowed to leave on loan.

Tuanzebe gives us decent defensive cover, at CB preferably. Could rotate regularly with either CB.

I would like to see us sell Jedinak, too old, slow and injury & error prone. Whelan is ok for DM cover and Bjarnason gives us options.

Strikers are injured except for RHM who would work better as a WF in our team, a good option off the bench. Never a lone forward or target man but would be good in a front two.

O’Hare will be a good option for us when he returns from injury too.

In this case, would be happy for us to shift Taylor & Elphick (would be needed in case of an injury crisis though). And, again, Jedinak although I do appreciate his service and leadership.

Probably Lansbury too as he’s not getting a look in.

Hope we do end up releasing Richards and McCormack.

That would only leave Tsihbola to get rid of somehow, he’s not going to be reintegrated by the looks of it.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

he was brilliant at Swansea and was honestly going to the top!! before he was out for nearly a year then had get back to full fitness (was out for 231 days) and Ben Davies (Now Spurs) took over his role (Think Davies debut was against us just after Taylor was out) no doubt he was going to top

But as usual Villa probably didn't do due diligence on stuff like this, previous injuries on targets and he is not the same as before the Malleolar injury.

Edited by Villan4Life

10 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

he was brilliant at Swansea before he was out for nearly a year then had get back to full fitness (was out for 231 days) and Ben Davies (Now Spurs) took over his role (Think Davies debut was against us just after Taylor was out) no doubt he was going to top

But as usual Villa don't do due diligence on stuff like this and he is not the same as before the Malleolar injury.

He had played 2 full seasons for Swansea and had a good Euro 2016. He even started well for Villa and then went downhill after the Coleman tackle

he hasnt recovered from that

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He had played 2 full seasons for Swansea and had a good Euro 2016. He even started well for Villa and then went downhill after the Coleman tackle

he hasnt recovered from that

He was even better before that though was best left back outside Premier League (season they got promoted with Fabio Borini on loan who was also very good at time for Brendan Rodgers) he wasn't best outside Prem at Euro 2016 due to the severe injury!  that was my point i was getting out! prefer get players on the way up not the way down after serious injury!! He was average in those 2 seasons before we signed him for Swansea

Edited by Villan4Life

9 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

he was brilliant at Swansea and was honestly going to the top!! before he was out for nearly a year then had get back to ful l fitness (was out for 231 days) and Ben Davies (Now Spurs) took over his role (Think Davies debut was against us just after Taylor was out) no doubt he was going to top.

But as usual Villa probably didn't do due diligence on stuff like this, previous injuries on targets and he is not the same as before the Malleolar injury.

Some good points well made above. He's also gone noticeably downhill since he broke Coleman's leg and was sent off playing for Wales.

1 minute ago, John said:

Some good points well made above. He's also gone noticeably downhill since he broke Coleman's leg and was sent off playing for Wales.

Fair enough dude, just thought he was average for us before he even broke Coleman's leg! but beauty of us all having different opinions on players that's what i love about football.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Fair enough dude, just thought he was average for us before he even broke Coleman's leg! but beauty of us all having different opinions on players that's what i love about football.

He played 8 games for us then and we were on a 6 game win streak in a row with zero goals conceded before that Ireland vs Wales game

1 hour ago, John said:

He really hasn't.

No disrespect but I feel fairly confident in saying that as a staunch Welshman I've seen a lot more of Taylor's earlier career than most on here.

As someone tried to make clear further up, he lost it after his own injury, never came back the same player.

Before that he was top notch.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

He really hasn't.

No disrespect but I feel fairly confident in saying that as a staunch Welshman I've seen a lot more of Taylor's earlier career than most on here.

As someone tried to make clear further up, he lost it after his own injury, never came back the same player.

Before that he was top notch.

Fair enough. I think his performances for us have become worse following his sending off, I guess his performances had slipped before he joined us as well then (as Villan4Life & yourself have indicated and Dick has agreed) no doubt he would have been harder to shift from Swansea had they not done so. :thumb:  

Â