Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

1 hour ago, avfcwills10 said:

Diego Reyes is available on a free after leaving Porto. I know it might be a bit of a ‘football manager-esk’ signing, but he’s 25 and a Mexican international centre back. He’d be unreal in this league.

Just makes too much sense to go for a player like that though I guess ?. I wouldn’t imagine his wages would be anywhere near what we were paying Terry either. 

Said this other day on this thread! No brainier for me

3 hours ago, Robbie09 said:

I was against Terry returning mainly because we lack pace at the back, but after watching the defensive horror show on saturday I would happily have him back.

Low wages and promotion bonus perhaps. At this stage I don't think he would be to concerned if he only made £15-20k p/w and could make another £20k p/w as a £1m promotion bonus. I don't think he as that many offers substantially better either. 

4 minutes ago, Kbdrum88 said:

Gareth Macaulay and was brown both 39 in Dec and Oct are CB free agents, could slot in nicely to to bodymoor retirement centre with Whelan 

Qué? 

3 hours ago, avfcwills10 said:

Diego Reyes is available on a free after leaving Porto. I know it might be a bit of a ‘football manager-esk’ signing, but he’s 25 and a Mexican international centre back. He’d be unreal in this league.

Just makes too much sense to go for a player like that though I guess ?. I wouldn’t imagine his wages would be anywhere near what we were paying Terry either. 

Played just over 20 games in 5 years for Porto with 15 coming last season. He is either not very good if cant get a game in that league or he is very injury prone

though he did start in the pathetic defensive showing Porto had vs Liverpool last season

Edited by Zatman

Not going to do it justice by reposting here as is just a speculative piece based on info already known - however as per The Star, what if we got Abraham, Bolasie and Snodgrass by the close of the window? Won't help us at the back but yeesh, we'd be something else going forwards. 

3 hours ago, avfcwills10 said:

We seem to never pursue transfers such as these as some other clubs endeavour to do, it would be really interesting to see. Even if they brought him in for a trial to see what he had to offer.

Maybe it'd just end in Tonevs though.

Edited by GENTLEMAN

42 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Played just over 20 games in 5 years for Porto with 15 coming last season. He is either not very good if cant get a game in that league or he is very injury prone

though he did start in the pathetic defensive showing Porto had vs Liverpool last season

He's played 50 odd games for them in all comps, and had impressive loan spells at Real Sociedad and Espanyol. Very experienced with a good national side as well. Would be very surprised if he dropped to the Championship.

1 hour ago, GENTLEMAN said:

We seem to never pursue transfers such as these as some other clubs endeavour to do, it would be really interesting to see. Even if they brought him in for a trial to see what he had to offer.

Maybe it'd just end in Tonevs though.

Tonev is on the scrapheap aged 28 :D

On a free and no one wants him (Not suprised)

Â