Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

16 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Most of those fans won’t have seen him regularly. Just like our youth team, most of us haven’t seen them play but want them in the team. 

Errr, the fans I know keep tabs on their youth team, but whatever you say.

1 hour ago, ismail-villa said:

Mirror reporting that Bruce has asked the owners to release Richards and McCormack from their contracts. Could free up plenty of wages. 

As everyone else has said we will have to pay them off but there must be plenty of miscellaneous costs involved in having them as existing squad members. 

Food costs, insurance costs, clothing (kit) costs, travel expenses and god only knows what other expensive perks players get. 

Odd to say that about McCormack though, he's shown willingness to go on loans surely even sending him somewhere that only pays £5k per week of his wages would be more cost effective than paying off the rest of his contract. 

I can't see either of them cutting a deal. 

Assume Richards is just going to retire otherwise you would think he would be desperate to go out on loan to put himself in the shop window. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, sidcow said:

As everyone else has said we will have to pay them off but there must be plenty of miscellaneous costs involved in having them as existing squad members. 

Food costs, insurance costs, clothing (kit) costs, travel expenses and god only knows what other expensive perks players get. 

Odd to say that about McCormack though, he's shown willingness to go on loans surely even sending him somewhere that only pays £5k per week of his wages would be more cost effective than paying off the rest of his contract. 

Assume Richards is just going to retire otherwise you would think he would be desperate to go out on loan to put himself in the shop window. 

In the case of Richards if a person is no longer capable of doing their job. Even if through no fault of there or own, surely some sort of agreement should be reached. Don’t clubs have insurance for this kind of thing? 

10 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

There is speculation by a potential loan move for another Norwegian player. Martin Odegaard linked to both Derby and Aston Villa.

Anyone seen him play?

Unreal youth player, was the best no 10 prospect for years at 14-15. Bought at 15 by Real and disappeared, struggled for Castillo. Had a bit of a resurgence on loan in the Eredevise. Probably worth a gamble, but I’d have no idea how we would line up to accommodate.

36 minutes ago, sidcow said:

It's one for the accountants, I guess. One virtually never hears of this happening so I can only assume when it comes to bean counting there is nothing for a club to gain by paying up a player over letting them wind their contract down.

Perhaps it could be analogous to buying a house outright and ditching a bunch of your capital on it or paying for it on an interest-free mortgage over a period of years.

11 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Unreal youth player, was the best no 10 prospect for years at 14-15. Bought at 15 by Real and disappeared, struggled for Castillo. Had a bit of a resurgence on loan in the Eredevise. Probably worth a gamble, but I’d have no idea how we would line up to accommodate.

Backup for Grealish i would say? I think he is amf

Edited by villalad21

7 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Backup for Grealish i would say? I think he is amf

I think he prefers to cut in from the right onto his left foot.  If we don't get Snoddy then he'd be worth looking at, like other said he was a boy wonder and signed by Real and probably now just looking to play regular football elsewhere.

4 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I think he prefers to cut in from the right onto his left foot.  If we don't get Snoddy then he'd be worth looking at, like other said he was a boy wonder and signed by Real and probably now just looking to play regular football elsewhere.

Might be another Nick Powell, finding his level at Championship

The problem is with this Norwegian guy is that at this stage of his career he is both a risk and a luxury player. We only have 3 loan spots left. We are desperate for a centre half, a goal scorer and could do with a left back too. For me if Bruce doesn’t trust Tuanzebe at centre half he has wasted a loan spot already. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, a m ole said:

cutting inside from the right

green left - jack middle - norwegian kid right

Edited by villa4europe

Nor would Huth as he’s a free agent I think.

I don’t think getting another CB shows that Bruce doesn’t trust Tuanzebe there,  we need depth in this league at that position. Saturday then Tuesday games are hard, and that’s probably what did for us last season when JT and Jedinak we’re struggling to keep up with the pace after playing a lot of games. 

• Like 2

I don’t see us going for the Norwegian lad. Unless he is amazingly better than what we have, how would we fit him in? Grealish, McGinn and Hourihane fill our creative slots, then you also have Green. I just don’t see anything from his stats at Heerenveen that suggest he is somebody we desperately need.

As mentioned above, our priorities in the squad are gaps at CB, LB and CF, then maybe a winger.

5 hours ago, Nigel said:

Yeovil will be a start but it will be unfair to judge him on this game. He will need a good run, as will most players we bring in.

However his potential is better than most alternatives! 

Yes, it's unfair to make a full assertion, but we get some first clues. I'm worried we've brought him in as a utility player when we're full of utility players in the back. We need a clear-cut first choice CB alongside Chester. 

• Like 2

Â