Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

I think that by the end of the loan window, we will have a stronger squad than we had last season. 

No idea if that will translate to a better finish. 

55 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

If we don't get Snoddy then he'd be worth looking at

???. Forget snodgrass! Odegaard is a raw, but supremely talented youngster who people have said could one day be as good as Messi. I don't recall snodgrass getting such praise ?. A loan to buy would be unreal ??

5 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

Odegaard would be a fantastic loan even if there is zero potential to make it permanent.

Last season Traore scored 5 and made 10 assists in 28 starts, if he can do that then Odegaard would destroy this league.

He got 2 goals and 1 assist last season in Eredivisie which is probably the same level as Championship

9 hours ago, avfcwills10 said:

He would be unbelievable in the Championship on the right wing.

The stats are not too impressive but when you watch the video, he lays about 5 clear chances on a plate for the strikers and they make a balls of it. However the general control, technique, decision making. He looks a good player. Don't know what the quality is like in the dutch league but wouldn't imagine that it is too dissimilar to the champo.

Bit harsh by some people saying he's done nothing in his time at Madrid. I mean he's 19/20 and has Bale, Isco, Asensio, Lucas Vasquez et al all ahead of him. They've decided that James Rodriguezs is not good enough for them and he's out on loan. James f***in Rodriguez. If he's 6th place in the pecking order behind these players then he's probably decent enough to have a go at Villa.

Edited by sparrow1988
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

He got 2 goals and 1 assist last season in Eredivisie which is probably the same level as Championship

If you look back on footage of Ronaldo when he first joined man u he had no end product. It came with experience and coaching. If it's a season loan then it's higher risk but a no brainer if its a loan to buy. 

Edited by Made In Aston
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Snod ain’t happening. Neither is the Real Madrid lad. 

We need defenders! 

Totally agree. There’s an old saying, strikers for show defenders for dough. Last season I thought we were thin at the back, we had very little back up for cb or lb. This season we have lost JT and gained no one. Chester gets injured and we have a crisis. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Totally agree. There’s an old saying, strikers for show defenders for dough. Last season I thought we were thin at the back, we had very little back up for cb or lb. This season we have lost JT and gained no one. Chester gets injured and we have a crisis. 

We got bailed out by Hutton doing a job there. Even samba did well when played. 

If the window closes and our defence is as is then we can forget about promotion. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

If the window closes and our defence is as is then we can forget about promotion. 

I know the owners want to go for young players but I think it will benefit us immensely to have an experienced commanding centre back like Terry or huth this season. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

I know the owners want to go for young players but I think it will benefit us immensely to have an experienced commanding centre back like Terry or huth this season. 

Agreed, center half is a position that generally improves with age. Which makes it rather puzzling why we should use a loan spot on a young inexperienced center half, who the manager doesn’t seem to trust in that position and so uses him in a position where we have lots of options. 

Edited by DaveAV1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Tbf I watched his season review earlier and he could have had another 9 or 10 assists, those strikers are worse than ours, the amount of chances he put on a plate for them.

13 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

We need some ITK.

Snodgrass and Odewhatshisface won’t signing on loan. 

How’s that?

13 minutes ago, Gompedyret said:

A midfield with Ødegaard, Grealish and McGinn is officially my wet dream. Please, footballing gods, let this happen.

That’s fair enough, but with no defenders we’ll have to win every game 5-4. Which I’d settle for of course!

Â