Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

14 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

I remember when Reading spent 70k on Kevin Doyle & Shane Long joint deal they must have made over £10mil when sold them to Wolves and Hull. Like the way Preston are going down the Irish route now and pity we don't take a punt on some of the players although we was linked with the lad that Brentford signed.

Cork City had a sell on clause on both but they had to sell the sell on clause for peanuts during financial troubles.

• Like 1

Just now, rodders0223 said:

£4m for SPL players. The world has gone mad!

Andrew Robertson went to Hull for £3.6mil from Dundee United and that ended up well fella :) Moved to Liverpool for £9mil and one of the best Left Back's in Europe.

• Like 2

Would love to see McGinn at Villa.  Seen a lot of him as the wife’s family are season ticket holders at Easter Road, good player who also can mix it up, bit feisty as well, as shown by his run in’s with Scott Brown last season.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Godders said:

Blimey, Scottish football must be incredibly poor if we have to be "awash with cash" to bid an extra £2mill! 

They received £7mil for Stuart Armstrong from Southampton who isn't even as good as McGinn

Celtic think they can just  offer low fees for Scottish players and expect other clubs in Scotland to say Yes even though St Mirren had 33% sell on clause inserted. They pay more when they sign from Europe hence why Hibs don't want to deal with them.

West Ham had £5mil bid turned down for McGinn in Jan i believe, Celtic was trying it on with offering £2mil he is now in his last year of contract they was hoping no one else would bid and they would get him on Pre Contract in Jan.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Someone mentioned selling jack for 30m and Offering 15m for Bowen. I agree with this. He scored 15 goals last season and is 21 years old. Looks a real player.  

Suprised somebody hasn’t gone in for him. 

I see that it was Steve Bruce that signed him from Hereford.  

1 minute ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Bruce's recruitment at Hull was the his best at any club, their scouts must have been good too.

Funny enough we have that Stan Ternant helping us out now who's team under him found Robertson etc

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Godders said:

Blimey, Scottish football must be incredibly poor if we have to be "awash with cash" to bid an extra £2mill! 

Hibs average player salary last year was £1,675 / week.  It is a different world up there where £2mill can pay the wages for the entire squad for a year.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Straggler said:

Hibs average player salary last year was £1,675 / week.  It is a different world up there where £2mill can pay the wages for the entire squad for a year.

Average player in Scottish Championship (just below Scottish Premiership) is on £500 a week on under! Seeing Salford giving Adam Rooney £5k a week which Aberdeen would never be able to match shows exactly how much money is down here even in Non-League compared to top league in Scotland.

Edited by Villan4Life

1 minute ago, alreadyexists said:

Neil Moxley reporting that McGinn fee is 2.1m if so that’s a total bargain. I know little about him but he’s very highly rated by those who do, and at that price there’s very little risk.

Link? nothing on his twitter when i looked.

Â