Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

1 hour ago, Villan4Life said:

Problem is Bruce never even played Bowen at Hull even though he signed him.

He was 17 and jumped from the conference to a then premier league team Hull. Hardly likely to be a first team regular was he. He was picked up to go through the ranks of the u18's/21's and see what happened

7 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

According to that Hibs forum he's going into the last year of his contract which is obviously why he's going so cheap.

He plays in Scotland, That's why he is cheap. In the entire history of scottish football only 3 players have ever been sold for more than 10 million and strangely they were all celtic - southampton. Unless you play for Celtic/Rangers you are not going to be sold for more than 5-6 million and even then the two Glasgow clubs combined can barely name 10 players that have sold for more than 5 million

Just to put the mcginn hype in perspective... Shaun maloney made history by being the first player to win Scottish and Young Scottish player of the year before he came to villa. Look how that turned out! I hope he does well but there is a big gap between the leagues. 

Just now, Made In Aston said:

Just to put the mcginn hype in perspective... Shaun maloney made history by being the first player to win Scottish and Young Scottish player of the year before he came to villa. Look how that turned out! I hope he does well but there is a big gap between the leagues. 

Had a great free kick on him though! 

There's a massive gap in the leagues if youre comparing both top flight divisions but championship is pretty similar to the spl. 

2 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

well we're in the championship this time around, so definitely less of a gap here to bridge at least

1 minute ago, Made In Aston said:

True, but that was to the Prem. We are looking for someone decent in the Championship. Maloney would have been very good at this level. Plus he had personal issues dealing with the move out of Scotland). I think McGill is a very low risk purchase - especially at £2.1m. 

*off topic, but can't believe Maloney is now 35 and coaching!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I would be tempted if we can line up a replacement.

I would too.

If we were to sign someone like Abraham on loan, Kodjia would have to accept that he'll be starting a lot of games on the bench.  And really that's the best thing for him at the moment, he's not back to his best yet, so getting 30 mins or so at the end of a game (alongside the odd full game here and there) will help both him and us.  Thing is you know he'll come on and either sulk or try and beat 5 men and score a worldie just to prove a point and that's going to infuriate the fans.

Just now, TheStagMan said:

True, but that was to the Prem. We are looking for someone decent in the Championship. Maloney would have been very good at this level. Plus he had personal issues dealing with the move out of Scotland). I think McGill is a very low risk purchase - especially at £2.1m. 

*off topic, but can't believe Maloney is now 35 and coaching!

Agree.

I actually really liked Maloney, good player and think that, but for his personal issues he could have been a good player for us.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I would be tempted if we can line up a replacement.

I'd get shot of him replacement or no replacement. His whole attitude is wrong for me. His body language and constant faking of injuries....no thanks!

Davis has proven himself capable of leading the line at this level, he will be better this season. RHM really impressed last night, albeit against a poor side for 20mins. We also have Hogan.

Another one on loan would be great, but if Kodija plays most of this season in that striker role, I guarantee we won't make the playoffs.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Move him on. 

He has lost it. Almost becoming a liability now.

Yes we need to get rid of him before all the other clubs realise the same thing. At the moment he has a reputation built from Bristol City and the first year for us. Good time to sell as we might get 8-10m.

• Like 1

Â