Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

6 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Sounds like thee steps to heaven to me.

Hopefully he's on form now though and not suffering from any summertime blues.

No, I think it'll be something else. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Nixon doesn't seem to get much right does he? hoping that is the case here :)

He gets his fair share right, and could be right this time but he was adamant that Bamford wasn’t going to Leeds and it was just a tactic to get Vydra to sign. Similar to what he is suggesting with McGinn.

*One thing is for sure, both sets of fans really want this to happen 

Edited by GENTLEMAN
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Ok I got carried away. But we should still try and sign him.

I want us to find the next Jarred Bowen before he's Jarred Bowen. Unfortunately we have tried many times over the years and we aren't good at it.

They get Jarred Bowen, we get Jordan Bowery.

I am tired of us getting mugged off. Why can't we find the next bargain. Everton used to be brilliant at it under Moyes when they didn't have a pot to piss in. That's what we need to do.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I want us to find the next Jarred Bowen before he's Jarred Bowen. Unfortunately we have tried many times over the years and we aren't good at it.

I am tired of us getting mugged off. Why can't we find the next bargain. Everton used to be brilliant at it under Moyes when they didn't have a pot to piss in. That's what we need to do.

Problem is Bruce never even played Bowen at Hull even though he signed him.

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Different era tbf. They signed top championship players like Cahill and Baines - both of whom would cost a hell of a lot more in today's money. 

1 hour ago, villaglint said:

I'm sure something will be going on but not seen any speculation to a wide player yet. 

Bruce seems to have decided that Adomah and Green can only play on the left wing for some reason. 

I know Elmo scored last night but he is never a winger/wide forward in that formation. He's a bleeding right back. No where near the amount of penetration you need from that position. The fact we started him there for the first 5 games before Snoddy joined was a big reason we made such a crap start in my opinion. 

To be clear I like the guy but as a defender not one of our attacking options. 

Elmo was arguably our best player last night and was one of our better attacking options... just saying...

3 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Seamus Coleman for €50k too.

I remember when Reading spent 70k on Kevin Doyle & Shane Long joint deal they must have made over £10mil when sold them to Wolves and Hull. Like the way Preston are going down the Irish route now and pity we don't take a punt on some of the players although we was linked with the lad that Brentford signed.

Edited by Villan4Life

2 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Look at where we are/were several weeks back. 

Indeed, but I guess Southgate would still have the same opinion about Jack playing outside of the top flight now which is annoying because there can be players outside of it that are worth a look at such as Jack and Sessegnon both were last season. It is not as if he is spoilt for choice and playing game after game in the EFL may help develop a young player more than a Carabao Cup game or two and the odd substitute appearance in the PL. 

11 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Elmo was arguably our best player last night and was one of our better attacking options... just saying...

I know what you mean but I think that says more about our attacking options than anything else. He got past his man (slightly) a couple of times and managed to wrap his foot around the ball enough to get a cross in which was nowhere near anybody. He scored a good goal and didnt contribute anything else in an attacking sense. He also did his usual stuff, worked hard, won the odd header etc. 

I'd agree he did better than Adomah who was quiet (again). I suppose what I'm trying to say is that I'd expect more from Adomah whereas for Elmo in that position it was pretty much exactly what I'd expect. In this league he is a good attacking RB, a solid midfielder in a 4-4-2 who wont get you promoted but a winger/forward in a 4-3-3 is a massive stretch for me. As I said I am sure Bruce knows that too and is working on it but it worries me that he sees Elmo as a better right winger than Adomah. Or he doesn't feel Green is ready to start, but given he started him plenty at the beginning of the season last year and he's scored a few in preseason that feels unlikely. 

Edited by villaglint

Â