Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

Just now, Straggler said:

Why is the club tweeting press reports that a player has turned up at the club? I would hope they knew he'd turned up, rather than relying on sky sports to act as a doorbell.

"Steve, is that someone in reception?" 

"Hang on Dave, let me check sky sports..."

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Godders said:

Why is the club tweeting press reports that a player has turned up at the club? I would hope they knew he'd turned up, rather than relying on sky sports to act as a doorbell.

At least they are actually tweeting Villa news.  I get really fed up with them tweeting who Chelsea or Man U are looking to buy.

3 minutes ago, Godders said:

That’s not the official Villa Twitter. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, sidcow said:

What happened to McCormack going out of the door "in a couple of days"?

Hopefully we will see at least some dead wood shifted.

Getting him our the door is not the problem.

It's getting him past the gates that seems to be the sticking point.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

How many midfielders do we need? :lol: 

Hourihane, Thor, Jedinak, Grealish, Doyle-Hayes, Whelan, Lansbury, Powell and McGinn? 

Little OTT? 

Maybe we can get rid of the bang average ones?

On another note, because he's a likable player, Jedinak was conspicuous by his absence yesterday.

31 minutes ago, Farlz said:

I'm not overly keen on us getting Nmecha or any young strikers in fact. In that situation I'd prefer we give RHM/Davis the chances. 

We need to take anyone that is likely to improve us. Not seen anything of Nmecha, but the liklihood is that he will be an upgrade on both of those 2. You never know, we might play all 3...Nmecha and RHM dovetailing off Davis!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Godders said:

It’s not the clubs twitter I don’t believe. 

going after Powell, a few days before we play them is the classic bugger up our next opponents approach. Is he a forward or a midfielder?

either way, the kind of moves suggest I'm not surprised if both Kodja and Adomah end up leaving,

18 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

How many midfielders do we need? :lol: 

Hourihane, Thor, Jedinak, Grealish, Doyle-Hayes, Whelan, Lansbury, Powell and McGinn? 

Little OTT? 

Personally, I would try to move on Jedinak, Thor, Lansbury and Gardner. 

• Like 2

Should keep BB. If played right his energy is what we need. Lanbury/Gardner out first and maybe give some of the youngsters a loan. Hope we keep Grealish but i think that ship has sailed. Alot of promising links now. Seems like they know what they are doing this time around. 

Â