Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

16 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Agreed, don’t forget about Mitchell Clark too

From the limited bits I’ve seen of Clark I thought he’s very good too. Positionally aware and good with the ball, fingers crossed he develops well from here. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

Every year we get linked to, say, a striker that will help us and people say, but we need a centre back first—as if transfers all happen one at a time and happen in a predefined order of priority, which is obviously not the way it works. That's the same shit. Also see how people talk about all the bullshit rumours as if they're The Truth. If fake news ever had an origin it was in transfer rumours.

Yeah but still think we need a CB before a ST ?

54 minutes ago, stegzy said:

Watching the Westham game and unfortunately Snodgrass started and has played really well and just set up Toni Martinez for the only goal with a great bit of play.

He isn't coming back....let's move on.

1 hour ago, stegzy said:

Watching the Westham game and unfortunately Snodgrass started and has played really well and just set up Toni Martinez for the only goal with a great bit of play.

Antonio, Arnautovic, Yarmolenko and Anderson.

I can't see him being a starter and I can't see him being the type of guy to be happy getting the junk minutes. He flipped when he was brought off early when clearly injured last season.

1 hour ago, stegzy said:

I wouldn't use pre season as any sort of indicator mate. 

14 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Antonio, Arnautovic, Yarmolenko and Anderson.

I can't see him being a starter and I can't see him being the type of guy to be happy getting the junk minutes. He flipped when he was brought off early when clearly injured last season.

Agreed. I don't know if it will be us or someone else, but I'm convinced he won't start the season with West Ham. 

11 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Agreed. Benteke is a priority :D 

I really get the feeling Benteke is a busted flush now, or he wouldn't be too arsed about coming back to us - so I dont share in the excitement of any return to VP he might make.

Not a criticism of any fan who DOES want him back, by the way.

• Like 1

Just now, Villan_of_oz said:

Woodburn going to the Blades

Yep we were favourites for him over the weekend, until the scousers started insisting on expensive clauses!

Its bad enough helping other teams players get better without being made to play them when they are crap!

• Like 1

I'm sure Benteke would give his right bollock to come back to us. Let's face it since he left he's been on a downward spiral. He's a player that needs to be loved and oh boy do we love him. 2 weeks ago I would have said it's a dream but we are now the 3rd richest club in England (apparently) I'm sure we could make it happen. Do what needs to be done, pull all the strings that need to be pulled and bring that boy home. 

3 minutes ago, Sadken79 said:

I'm sure Benteke would give his right bollock to come back to us. Let's face it since he left he's been on a downward spiral. He's a player that needs to be loved and oh boy do we love him. 2 weeks ago I would have said it's a dream but we are now the 3rd richest club in England (apparently) I'm sure we could make it happen. Do what needs to be done, pull all the strings that need to be pulled and bring that boy home. 

He couldn't wait to leave us and I don't think he would be in a hurry to drop a division to return. Nice thought though.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, John said:

He couldn't wait to leave us and I don't think he would be in a hurry to drop a division to return. Nice thought though.

I'm not so sure. It's like leaving your first love for a new bit of skirt. Once the excitement wares off you long to be back where your best memories were made. 

Â