Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

7 hours ago, SirSteveUK said:

Woodburn is not crap - he's the best Welsh player for his age since Giggs.  It's natural for Liverpool to want him getting playing time - and he will get more at Sheff Utd - than at Villa.

I reckon Bale is better, but I’d take either to be fair.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, GENTLEMAN said:

No need: COH got this 

Where does this come from ?  - COH is nowhere near the level that Grealish was at his his age.  Sure he has excelled for u23's - but thats totally different to doing it in the first team. He is currently injured. IMO its wishful thinking that he can step in and fill the boots of Grealish next season. 

6 minutes ago, dounavilla said:

I'm liking this line of thinking. How's about we sign Harry Kane and loan him to arsenal for free for giggles.

'This isn't Kane.....the label says someone McCormack'!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, praisedmambo said:

Every year we get linked to, say, a striker that will help us and people say, but we need a centre back first—as if transfers all happen one at a time and happen in a predefined order of priority, which is obviously not the way it works. That's the same shit. Also see how people talk about all the bullshit rumours as if they're The Truth. If fake news ever had an origin it was in transfer rumours.

Whilst it’s all true, it’s also true for pretty much all clubs. 

8 minutes ago, Silent_Bob said:

Really exciting to read all the names being put forward here. But when will we actually sign any them?

I can't answer, I can't answer that. 

Sorry Bro(s) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 01/08/2018 at 09:11, hippo said:

Where does this come from ?  - COH is nowhere near the level that Grealish was at his his age.  Sure he has excelled for u23's - but thats totally different to doing it in the first team. He is currently injured. IMO its wishful thinking that he can step in and fill the boots of Grealish next season. 

Look Jack is irreplaceable. His current skill set is once in a generation. However, giving the stature of the club at the moment, we have to navigate the potential of losing him. I would relish a team molded around our Villa jewel, allowing him to further realise his potential, and to also propel Villa to success.  Yet there is more than one way to derive that Villa success, it’s a team game after all.

I don’t see COH as a direct crude replacement for Jack, striding into the side where Jack left off. He’s 20 with limited ‘men’s’ game time. The flip side; he has natural skills (such as nimbleness of mind and foot) that cannot be drilled, and therefore a high potential ceiling which can be realised by experience.  I also think he’s still to mature fully. He’s over 2 years younger than Jack and a summer baby in comparison, so will mature later. I see him playing approx 20 games, but with patience in mind. As we’re not in the top division, we’ve got no excuse not to develop our BMH graduates. If Jack was to go, which I stress needs to be for our valuation, I see the most prudent and effective way forward is to build a team around a nucleus of: O’Hare, Doyle-Hayes, Hepburn-Murphy, Green, Davies et al.. Sprinkle with experience either utilised from current seasoned crop (Hourihane, Hutton, Chester, Jed, Albert) or through transfers to offer robustness, physicality, game management and effectiveness; whilst our graduates ultilise these foundations and develop around it. Of course we can supplement with the talented youngsters from elsewhere, as the big fish of the championship and poach from others further down the food chain, yet this needs to be permanent transfers; I think it instrumental to develop our Woodburn’s and Onomah’s. 

They need to be blooded, it’s time to realise potential, step out from the comfort bosom of the ‘development’ squad. 

Edited by GENTLEMAN
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Spurs lined with 45m move for zaha if that comes off they won't go for Grealish as well.

That's about right for Levy. Palace want £70m for Zaha so he's talking £25m less. We priced Jack at £40m and he was allegedly willing to pay half of less than half of that. I wonder if that would work for me at the Ferrari showroom? They want £242,033 for a Ferrari F12 Berlinetta. Shall I try offering £100,000? I've always thought it you can't afford something be prepared not to get it. Clearly Levy ignores asking prices and expects it to work. I really hope it doesn't!

• Haha 1

Sean Clare left Sheffield Wednesday after refusing sign new contract with them a few days ago.

Would tale him as free agent as if it didn't work out could sell him on for a few million.

Very good player and worth a punt we was linked with him few months back.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, John said:

That's about right for Levy. Palace want £70m for Zaha so he's talking £25m less. We priced Jack at £40m and he was allegedly willing to pay half of less than half of that. I wonder if that would work for me at the Ferrari showroom? They want £242,033 for a Ferrari F12 Berlinetta. Shall I try offering £100,000? I've always thought it you can't afford something be prepared not to get it. Clearly Levy ignores asking prices and expects it to work. I really hope it doesn't!

Wait till you see the price he tries to sell that Ferrari for!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Â