Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

7 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Let's hope it's BS.

Don’t want him to go, but at least FFP will be sorted. Nothing less than market value. I feel Levy getting anxious; I’m talking Sissoko anxious  

Edited by GENTLEMAN

2 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

?️ But he's injured, surely won't be truly fit for months and has played about thirty minutes in total.

I meant Glenn Whelan, but I’m all seriousness, push Hourihane further forward with JDH and Bjarnason as a reasonably energetic trio (Jedi if more height + physicality is needed). We’ll probs get some spurs kid as part of any deal though.

I am hoping they’ve planned for the eventuality of losing Jack as it ain’t exactly come out of the blue (fingers crossed). I’ll be pretty gutted but at least FFP will be sorted as I’ve alluded to. It’ll give us chance to consolidate and rebuild, hopefully around  a nucleus of experience and youth that can be built upon; viz. Southampton, Bournemouth, Swansea Mk1. but we have a higher ceiling as bigger club. This is what I hope from the new owners, sensible concise building 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Dominic Revan and Easah Suliman, both very good

And don't forget Jacob Bedeau - it's not often you pay near 1million for a 17 year old. - he is 9 months older than Revan - i.e. he's 18 but like Suliman - who is 20 - he is tall and on the thin side - but IMHO he is just as good as Suliman.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nigel said:

Yep we were favourites for him over the weekend, until the scousers started insisting on expensive clauses!

Its bad enough helping other teams players get better without being made to play them when they are crap!

Woodburn is not crap - he's the best Welsh player for his age since Giggs.  It's natural for Liverpool to want him getting playing time - and he will get more at Sheff Utd - than at Villa.

After making a point of saying nobody is for sale and having just taken over, I think selling Grealish now would be a massive own goal.

If that does happen, and I wish Spurs would just **** off and die, there needs to be some pretty shit hot players coming in.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, pas5898 said:

Used to live in Shrewsbury and went to quite a lot of games. Ryan woods played pretty much every game from 2013-15.

Woods is a quality player, and exactly what we need. He picks the ball up off the defence (composed under pressure) and immediately looks for a forward pass. Any sort of possession or passing rhythm will run through him. 

you pretty much defined what Lansbury used to do at Forrest.  Problem is we prefer to have either Whelan or Jedi in that role who are better suited without the ball.

If we do get Woods in, who does he replace?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Warnock said:

Someone explain why we’re getting excited over Tommy Abraham, who only scored 5 in 31 apps for Swansea last year? 

5 goals is what Hogan and Kodjia mustered up last season....    in a lower division!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Let's hope it's BS.

‘Stepped up their interest’, ‘locked in negotiations’, they’ve been saying the same for weeks now, and here we are Grealish still here and Levy trying to take the piss. 

I think he stays. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Let's hope it's BS.

It's reached the point where I agree we do need to seek a swift conclusion to this. Surely it's about time someone did something about us being bombarded by nuisance calls, first it's about PPI, then it's someone claiming to be from BT who claims to know there is something wrong with our computer and then it's Levy to ask whether we'd like to accept around £15m for Jack after all because Twitter and the press think we should! 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, John said:

It's reached the point where I agree we do need to seek a swift conclusion to this. Surely it's about time someone did something about us being bombarded by nuisance calls, first it's about PPI, then it's someone claiming to be from BT who claims to know there is something wrong with our computer and then it's Levy to ask whether we'd like to accept around £15m for Jack after all because Twitter and the press think we should! 

We should go ex-directory...  but leave a direct dial to Micah’s agent.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SirSteveUK said:

Woodburn is not crap - he's the best Welsh player for his age since Giggs.  It's natural for Liverpool to want him getting playing time - and he will get more at Sheff Utd - than at Villa.

I havnt seen him play more than a couple of games so im not in a position to judge his quality. I Didn't mean to imply he was crap, but he is young and will naturally have periods of poorer play.

To be forced to play him through these periods, keep g other able players out of the team is what I have a problem with!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Spurs lined with 45m move for zaha if that comes off they won't go for Grealish as well.

Im not sure that would completely rule out a bit for jack as it's decent positions according to the forum i was following. However it would take away the pressure to make any panic signing.

Still massively concerned about our lack of strength in depth at cb

Looks like were going 3 at the back and we only have two natural cb one of which is elphick who I think is too slow and doesn't read the game well

Please do not play jedinak at cb ffs

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sexbelowsound said:

Lol freelance writer for outlets such as 101greatgoals......

I noticed that, what writing pedigree he has. I bet he also writes for Lad Bible. ?

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Still massively concerned about our lack of strength in depth at cb

Looks like were going 3 at the back and we only have two natural cb one of which is elphick who I think is too slow and doesn't read the game well

Please do not play jedinak at cb ffs

I agree although I don't think elphick is as bad as soon make out. But we certain need to strengthen at cb. J3dinak is awful at cb. No idea why bruce is contemplating something so foolish.

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I agree although I don't think elphick is as bad as soon make out. But we certain need to strengthen at cb. J3dinak is awful at cb. No idea why bruce is contemplating something so foolish.

Hopefully it's because we are yet to buy centre backs, so he's just filling in for now. We have Chester and Elphick...surely those are the first two. I know Elphick didn't play the last friendly, but hopefully that was just because he's not long back from a bad injury. The u23s all look a bit slight for me atm. 

Â