Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

1 minute ago, Czechlad said:

Would prefer a permanent deal. Also I don't understand why Swansea, a championship club, would loan Abraham to anyone. 

Was only on loan to Swansea, he belongs to Chelsea (like so many others...)

• Like 2

Don’t we need a proper LB (and CB) more than anything else?

We were linked to Joe Bryan last season, any good?

Also, are we suddenly able to afford transfer fees now or just loans?

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Don’t we need a proper LB (and CB) more than anything else?

We were linked to Joe Bryan last season, any good?

Also, are we suddenly able to afford transfer fees now or just loans?

RDL has been playing left wing back a couple times now in preseason at least as a sub. I wonder if Bruce plans on using him there because him and Elmo should both be starting somehow. 

53 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

RDL has been playing left wing back a couple times now in preseason at least as a sub. I wonder if Bruce plans on using him there because him and Elmo should both be starting somehow. 

He's been playing right wing back not left.

For me CB is priority, I don’t like Jedinak’s positioning at CB, maybe he will develop it with game time. It’s a pity we haven’t got a bruising but raw centre back to partner Chester coming through the ranks (have we? looking at you @sir_gary_cahill)

I liked the balance of Baker-Chester, and perhaps with hindsight it wasn’t worth the Terry transfer for that year. Although I totally understand why it was done. It nearly paid off short term; both on and off the field 

Edited by GENTLEMAN
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

For me CB is priority, I don’t like Jedinak’s positioning at CB, maybe he will develop it with game time. It’s a pity we haven’t got a bruising but raw centre back to partner Chester coming through the ranks (have we? looking at you @sir_gary_cahill)

I liked the balance of Baker-Chester, and perhaps with hindsight it wasn’t worth the Terry transfer for that year. Although I totally understand why it was done. It nearly paid off short term; both on and off the field 

Dominic Revan and Easah Suliman, both very good

Just now, sir_gary_cahill said:

Dominic Revan and Easah Suliman, both very good

Noice! My limited understanding was that Suliman is a bit lightweight and more a baller. Revan has a tough sounding name at least, maybe a more complimentary partner for Chester? ?

13 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Noice! My limited understanding was that Suliman is a bit lightweight and more a baller. Revan has a tough sounding name at least, maybe a more complimentary partner for Chester? ?

Agreed, don’t forget about Mitchell Clark too

13 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Huh?

Every year we get linked to, say, a striker that will help us and people say, but we need a centre back first—as if transfers all happen one at a time and happen in a predefined order of priority, which is obviously not the way it works. That's the same shit. Also see how people talk about all the bullshit rumours as if they're The Truth. If fake news ever had an origin it was in transfer rumours.

Edited by praisedmambo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, praisedmambo said:

Every year we get linked to, say, a striker that will help us and people say, but we need a centre back first—as if transfers all happen one at a time and happen in a predefined order of priority, which is obviously not the way it works. That's the same shit. Also see how people talk about all the bullshit rumours as if they're The Truth. If fake news ever had an origin it was in transfer rumours.

Can’t disagree with any of that! 

Â