Axel Tuanzebe

alreadyexists

I thought he was great first half when we were on the front foot but looked a bit naive second half when we had more defending to do.

Having said that, I’m not having it that he was at fault for the second goal. Elmo went awol leaving him with 2 players running at him, he had absolutely no chance. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

To be fair I think he is a third/fourth choice CB. He's just being used at RB in the meantime.

Like I said above, I'm sure now we've signed two more wingers we'll see Elmo back at RB and Tuanzebe benched.

That’s fine, but why is he being played at right back at all?

Ok, Elmo has been filling in at right wing. Fair enough. Taylor isn’t great at left back so Hutton is playing there (although is Taylor any worse at left back as Axel is at right?).

RDL was suspended (I assume he’s not anymore as he featured in the cup game). Bree, I don’t have a clue what’s going on with him anymore. 

It’s just weird. Maybe it’s an agreement in place that say Axel must feature X amount of games and Bruce is using all of the above to give him game time.

• Like 1

I agree to an extent his positional play wasn’t great but he looks like a mess at times at rb. He should be playing cb, with Elmo on the right. I actually think jedinak was the one all over the place. Who the hell was he suppose to be marking fir first goal? There was absolutely no one around him and his awareness fir th3 first goal was dreadful.

i thought axel wa# great first half then played pretty poorly the second. 

Not sure how anyone can directly blame Axel for tonight’s result?! That’s a bit laughable. Anyone who has to play next to Jedinak who made many many more errors than Axel automatically has a harder time of it. He played really well, was strong at the back and looked dangerous when he pressed forward a bit. Was very impressed with him tonight, if he keeps getting better then he will boss it. 

• Thanks 1

I hoped after Port Vale tore a new one at RB we’d never see him there again

today just proved yet again the stupidity in Bruce playing him there, play him at CB , play him at DM , but never play him at RB again please 

My take is that Bruce knows Tuanzebe needs games so he’s giving him time at RB to acclimatise while RDL is suspended.

What I’m hoping to see is RDL come back, Tuanzebe move into the centre within Chester and Hutton to continue on the left (in the absence of a new signing at LB).  

As folks on here have said before, Bruce has no time for Elphick so, with is so light at centre half, I can only assume Bruce sees Tuanzebe going there. 

7 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

I hoped after Port Vale tore a new one at RB we’d never see him there again

today just proved yet again the stupidity in Bruce playing him there, play him at CB , play him at DM , but never play him at RB again please 

I have a feeling this was just until we signed some wingers as he has been using elmo at rw. i would assume bruce have elmo at rb on saturday and hopefully axel will be at cb.

i dont think he was bad at all. he was excellent first half he made a msitake for the second goal when he went rationally but i can see him getting better as the season goes on. he is quick powerful and can go past players. that bit of skill in the first half was class 

Young defenders are going to make mistakes, that's why he's here as Man U obviously don't want him to make mistakes for them. He's got a lot of potential though and does defend very well at times, he just has a lot to learn. 

8 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Not sure how anyone can directly blame Axel for tonight’s result?! That’s a bit laughable. Anyone who has to play next to Jedinak who made many many more errors than Axel automatically has a harder time of it. He played really well, was strong at the back and looked dangerous when he pressed forward a bit. Was very impressed with him tonight, if he keeps getting better then he will boss it. 

His attempt to challenge for the header that created the first goal was pathetic. He didn't even try.

And he got skinned for the second goal.

He did some nice stuff going forward, but why people want him at CB is beyond me. He looks appalling defensively.

I'm not sure why it's turned into a Jedi vs Axel debate. Neither of them are good enough to be our starting CB.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

His attempt to challenge for the header that created the first goal was pathetic. He didn't even try.

And he got skinned for the second goal.

He did some nice stuff going forward, but why people want him at CB is beyond me. He looks appalling defensively.

I'm not sure why it's turned into a Jedi vs Axel debate. Neither of them are good enough to be our starting CB.

I'd agree had we got more options but we dont. I feel axel though has more in his locker in terms of attributes at cb than jedinak. Besides at the moment we have problems at rb and cb now. If we put Elmo at rb and axel at cb I think we have more a chance.

I think axel will get better as the season progresses

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

I'd agree had we got more options but we dont. I feel axel though has more in his locker in terms of attributes at cb than jedinak. Besides at the moment we have problems at rb and cb now. If we put Elmo at rb and axel at cb I think we have more a chance.

I'm sure that Elmo will be at RB in the next game, assuming our new wingers are ready to start.

Fingers crossed Axel is on the bench. he's clearly not ready yet. His defensive frailties will be massively exposed at CB.

9 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm sure that Elmo will be at RB in the next game, assuming our new wingers are ready to start.

Fingers crossed Axel is on the bench. he's clearly not ready yet. His defensive frailties will be massively exposed at CB.

Yea I think Elmo was used as temporary 're ti get these wingers in. I expect him to revert back to rb.

Edited by Demitri_C

I thought what we saw against Yeovil was promising and I thought what we saw last night was promising.

I would stick him in at CB on Saturday. We need to give him 2 or 3 games to settle and I'm confident he will be fine.

He's not going to amazing and will have moments over the season where he makes mistake and they may cost us, but on average, he's the best we've got and I think he's good enough to be part of a promotion pushing team.

Â