Axel Tuanzebe

alreadyexists

25 minutes ago, sne said:

If it's 10 weeks + whatever it takes him to get back to match speed will we cut his loan short, and will Manure want him back to handle the recovery themselves?

I thought he had gone back for treatment. I imagine all loan agreements would have clauses dictating what happens in the event of major injuries, especially with a large club. Manure will want to ensure their player is ready to start training again before risking his return to Villa.

• Like 2

This has been such a huge loss, I rate him very highly and expect him to be a top class premier league player, the silver lining is it slows down his development and makes it more likely we can keep him next season. 

• 3 weeks later...

I think people are getting a bit carried away with how much of an impact having Axel back will be.

He performed very well when he was playing this season, but I don't think him returning will improve the performances all over the pitch like some people are suggesting.

On 23/12/2018 at 13:06, blandy said:

Or for weeks. 😪  metatarsal. 

I heard that some player at the training ground dropped their wallet on his foot.

I didn't think it could be a tackle.😜

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I think people are getting a bit carried away with how much of an impact having Axel back will be.

He performed very well when he was playing this season, but I don't think him returning will improve the performances all over the pitch like some people are suggesting.

He will take a couple of weeks/games to get back to match fitness.

I wouldn't be putting all my chips on him making any type of Maldini return.

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

in isolation you are probably right....but when you add to jack and other things....it starts to represent a problem.

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Probably not no, but his injury has taken the steam out of the run we were on.

We'd built up some nice momentum and since he's left the side, there's no one bringing the ball forward and opening space up.

Just now, TRO said:

in isolation you are probably right....but when you add to jack and other things....it starts to represent a problem.

Just now, Tomaszk said:

Probably not no, but his injury has taken the steam out of the run we were on.

We'd built up some nice momentum and since he's left the side, there's no one bringing the ball forward and opening space up.

I think Jack's absence is by far the most influential factor though. Not Axel.

Axel's done really well, and he'll undoubtedly help the defence if he were back.

But having Tuanzebe fit wouldn't have magically made us beat Wigan.

• Like 1

Â