Axel Tuanzebe

alreadyexists

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I hope Axel won't have to carry Jedinak on Sunday and that Chester will be fine to play.

If all goes well I think Axel will have a solid game and it's a big stage for him too.

A story has just come out intimating that Chester will be fine ;) for Sunday.

• Haha 1

Not bad overall but absolutely pathetic for their second goal. Not for the first time this season. 

He’ll never be a top player if he doesn’t improve aerially. 

Edited by Stevo985

21 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Not bad overall but absolutely pathetic for their second goal. Not for the first time this season. 

He’ll never be a top player if he doesn’t improve aerially. 

He should have definately jumped for it and cleared that with his head and I was annoyed by this. His heading and aerial techniques need worked on.

A defender of his size should be chewing those up with ease with his head.

Throughout the game he had a few other mistakes but not a bad game from him overall on this occasion.

• Like 1

Just now, fonz said:

Looking back at the footage of their second goal (as couldnt see too clearly from where i was sat) it seems Hourihane didnt track a runner rather than this being on Axel 

I don't blame Axel for the goal. There were many factors. Whelan's poor pass in the buildup, Abraham's inability to make anything from it, Axel's lack of a header and Hourihane not tracking the run.

But that doesn't hide the fact that he was very poor for that goal. Had he headed that away then they wouldn't have scored.
It's not his fault, but that's one of the reasons you have good defenders, to bail the team out when other's make a mistake.

He's been very impressive of late, and he wasn't bad yesterday, but his aerial ability is clearly a weakness that he needs to work on.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I don't blame Axel for the goal. There were many factors. Whelan's poor pass in the buildup, Abraham's inability to make anything from it, Axel's lack of a header and Hourihane not tracking the run.

But that doesn't hide the fact that he was very poor for that goal. Had he headed that away then they wouldn't have scored.
It's not his fault, but that's one of the reasons you have good defenders, to bail the team out when other's make a mistake.

He's been very impressive of late, and he wasn't bad yesterday, but his aerial ability is clearly a weakness that he needs to work on.

Add to that Hutton not being alert to the run inside him. Frankly it was a really bad goal all round. Axel getting caught flat footed for the header was one of a number of mistakes.

I think heading is one aspect of the game young defenders need to work on. At youth level, they are either taller than everyone else so don’t need to jump to win a header. Or the ball is played on the deck more. Add to the fact that young strikers don’t use their strength well. 

Im sure Smith knows this and is getting Terry to work with Tuanzebe on this aspect.

24 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

Quick, powerful... It stops there. Can't play football, can't read the game. Massive difference between and athlete and football player and he's certainly not the latter. 

At least yu don't have to be a good footballer in order to play for Mourinho.

2 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Was poor. So weak for the 5th

Has been good recently though so hopefully just a blip

He was weak for the 5th but at the least he’d closed the angle so there was literally only one place it could go if Grabban got the shot off. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Â