Axel Tuanzebe

alreadyexists

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He was weak for the 5th but at the least he’d closed the angle so there was literally only one place it could go if Grabban got the shot off. 

I’m not excusing Nyland it had to be saved. But a top defender doesn’t allow a shot there at all. Grabban didn’t have to do anything to beat Axel. 

He’s young and learning, mistakes are going to happen, especially with the way we attack and get men forward. 

• Like 1

I think when a team is so possession based and attacking they need their central defenders to be really switched on for when called in to action. Also they need to be quite pacey and athletic too when dealing with quick counter attacks. 

I like the way Axel brings the ball forward. I think it’s really helping in opening teams up. He has a lot to improve at the back though but he is still very young. He will get better every game. 

57 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

The 5th goal by Forest was just not acceptable defending by Tuanzebe.

He is better than this and he can do better than this.

But the keeper Nyland is just absolutely woeful and shite on all aspects and I can't wait until he's dropped or even sold!

Yeah I agree with that, Grabban had only one option and with 5 mins left in game it was incredibly obvious that he would take that option. Axel should absolutely be blocking that but once it got through Nyland should also absolutely be blocking it. It was a crazy double rick. 

I actually think he looks a real talent, seems to be improving in the air which was his major weakness. He does have mistakes in him which is inevitable as he's playing his first full season of senior football. 

Just wanted to give a bump to Axel. 

I thought first half on the ball especially he was exceptional. The triangles he was creating with Hourihane meant time and time again he was able to move into our midfield with time and space to find a pass into advanced areas. It was clearly something they’d worked on so credit to Smith too but it only works if you have a player really comfortable on the ball and Axel is certainly that player. 

He’s also getting better in the air with every game which is very pleasing to see. 

We still need a CB in Jan as I never want to see Jedi play there again but I’m becoming less concerned whether it’s an instant first team player or a talented squad option. 

• Like 1

He is superb. He has no future at united while Jose is at the helm, sadly if he plays like this until the end of the season I can’t see us getting the chance to sign him if there is no option in our agreement.

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, thunderball said:

He is superb. He has no future at united while Jose is at the helm, sadly if he plays like this until the end of the season I can’t see us getting the chance to sign him if there is no option in our agreement.

This.

I hope we can negociate something with a big enough fee in January to make his move permanent come June.

We need to act now while Man Utd are how they are and Jose still there.

Just look at what happened the last time we paid Man Utd a transfer fee for a defender.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

21 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Need to stop dribbling in defence, sooner or later we will get punished for it

He can bring the ball out from the half way line or edge or the box, but him dribbling across our own six yard line and knocking it around with this keeper will see issues.

Really good in the air on Friday.

Â