The Video Assistant Referee (VAR)

Stevo985

Just now, Aston_Villan4 said:

I just wish they would be consistent with it. Tottenham players arguing it's bs after the Harry Kane thing last week (i think). That's the worst part of it. And I still firmly believe if it's too close to call with lines then it just needs to be given as called on the pitch. 

35 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Danny Ings’ “offside” had a handball and three different offside instances to look at. That Cavani one is one instance, clearly onside.

There is no outrage to be had here. 

Good thing there isn't any outrage then. We're all football fans here, and watch a lot of games. Seriously, I can't remember the last time a check was this quick for a player that was level with the defender, at any point of the game let alone in stoppage time.

These decisions seem to take an eternity. It's just really funny that one of the rare times they were perfectly on point in this regard was a last minute United winner at Old Trafford.

• Like 2

Yet again, you’re left wondering if it’s sheer incompetence or blatant corruption.

Jota clearly initiated the contact with the keeper there, he stepped into him after the ball had gotten away and then went dead weight to fall over.

How do these so called trained (and paid) professionals continue to be so totally unable to understand the basic fabric and constructs of football?!

2 minutes ago, Mantis said:

What is even the point of referees going over to the monitor when they virtually always give whatever the video referees want?

Has there actually been a ref who has looked at the monitor and stayed with his original decision?

I cannot think of it happening at anytime. I’ve also never seen a replay in real time. 

Its ridiculous. 

Get rid. 

22 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Jump into the keeper out of your natural running lane and fall over. Penalty. 

Only if you are a scum 6 team. A Villa/Norwich/Burnley player does that and it will get waved away. Utter farce.

VAR and refs giving yet more questionable decisions. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Absolute farce

I don't agree with the assessment in that tweet. He misses his flick so then has to change course to retrieve the ball, I don't think he's deliberately collided with the keeper to try and win a penalty to be fair to him.

• Confused 1

38 minutes ago, imavillan said:

Has there actually been a ref who has looked at the monitor and stayed with his original decision?

I do remember matty cash bringing down an arsenal player and the ref said no pen, var told him (I think it was Anthony taylor) to watch it and he stuck with his decision 

3 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

I do remember matty cash bringing down an arsenal player and the ref said no pen, var told him (I think it was Anthony taylor) to watch it and he stuck with his decision 

Which arsenal didn't like and as a result they got gifted a penalty when lacazette fell over in the last game 

Fair play to Vieria calling out the refs today on the palace game, the penalty was a shocker. Even came out and said they always struggle with decisions in the big games. Probably get in trouble for it, but gotta be something in it, if the managers are now calling it out, I certainly think there is.

• Like 2

Â