The Video Assistant Referee (VAR)

Stevo985

7 minutes ago, Spoony said:

What do we think of Mane’s ‘elbow’ within the first 10 seconds of the Pool Chelsea game?

I think it could have gone either way. I don't think it was deliberate, so it's not violent conduct. Is it serious foul play? That comes down to if the force is excessive, and I really can't decide. He couldn't have many complaints if he did go off, but I don't think a yellow is outrageous either.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I think it could have gone either way. I don't think it was deliberate, so it's not violent conduct. Is it serious foul play? That comes down to if the force is excessive, and I really can't decide. He couldn't have many complaints if he did go off, but I don't think a yellow is outrageous either.

Yeah, that’s where I am with it. 
10 seconds in I think he gets the benefit of the doubt. Not that it should matter but it’s been a great game that might not have happened with an early red.

• Like 1

The Mane incident was one of those that could have gone either way. its early in the game and its imoprtant the ref does everything he can to keep 22 players on the pitch so if theres any dobt no red card. Right call!

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

The mane incident is why VAR shouldn't exist

You watch it 20.timesnand  there is no "right" answer 

Said all along, make it as vague and inconsistent as it can be and decisions can be manipulated to suit whatever. We spent a fortune on tech only for the same imbeciles to make the decisions.

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

But there are plenty of incidents it can correct. There's definitely a conversation to be had about its use, how far we take ensuring correctness, and how potentially we just roll with the on-pitch decision for some decisions, but throwing it out entirely because it can't give a definitive answer about everything doesn't seem right to me, you might as well disband the police because they can't solve every crime ;) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lichfield Dean said:

I wonder if we hopped onto Amazon Web Services, trained up a Machine Learning algorithm with lots of videos of referee and VAR decisions and let it referee a match what would happen?

It'd examine the available evidence, extrapolate, and nobody would be allowed within 18 yards of Mo Salah

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Spoony said:

I don’t feel like we are talking about incorrect decisions, controversial decisions and match-changing decisions any less than we were before, so you have to wonder what the point is…

More so if anything!

2 hours ago, Lichfield Dean said:

I wonder if we hopped onto Amazon Web Services, trained up a Machine Learning algorithm with lots of videos of referee and VAR decisions and let it referee a match what would happen?

We are living in the future - Album on Imgur

(this is legit, not The Onion)

• Haha 3

17 hours ago, villa4europe said:

To be honest I think this is a reason FOR it existing.

It just needs to be used correctly. Give the same referee a few more angles of a dubious incident so he can make a completely informed decision. It doesn't matter if there's no definitive answer. It's the match official making the decision with extra available angles. That's all you can ask for

• Like 2

Â