The Video Assistant Referee (VAR)

Stevo985

10 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’m shocked Klopp has escaped punishment for his behaviour throughout that game.  The mans just a bully.  

Klopp keeping this weird thing going where the top managers and clubs moan about refs, it becomes high profile and then seemingly get favourable decisions afterwards, whilst also nobody looks at them dropping points and not playing that well in a big game 

They'll get something favourable heading their way soon - again - which is the other weird thing about this, Liverpool fans are genuinely lapping this up and consider themselves hard done by 

They've got a point with the Pickford and Mee tackles though, 2 horror tackles that put 2 of their players out for a year that weren't even touched by the ref, Robertson is lucky in that regard 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Its the fact that Tierney refused to look at the Kane tackle when the Var ref told him to that puzzles me. If its true he should be struck off. 

Is that true?

21 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Its the fact that Tierney refused to look at the Kane tackle when the Var ref told him to that puzzles me. If its true he should be struck off. 

Would it matter if they truly believed this nonsense about him jumping? 

Hard to know with PGMOL if they make the shit up before or after

Same with the mings man City thing, VAR doesn't help when they **** the rule up 

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Would it matter if they truly believed this nonsense about him jumping? 

Hard to know with PGMOL if they make the shit up before or after

Same with the mings man City thing, VAR doesn't help when they **** the rule up 

They make it up as they go along. Even Clattenburg says its nonsense. 

Just off the top of my head -  In the last couple of weeks or so we have had, struggled to find some videos unfortunately due to copyright claims:

Spoiler

Villa vs Liverpool

Clear penalty denied right at the end at the game which would have got us a point. Liverpool Win 1-0.

Man City Vs Wolves

Ridiculously soft handball penalty. City Win 1-0.

Man City vs Newcastle

I believe the game was 1-0 City at the time, maybe even 0-0. City go on to win comfortably.

Leicester vs Newcastle

Blatant dive. Believe this broke the deadlock, Leicester go on to hammer them.

Brighton vs Chelsea

Yellow card, Chelsea 1-0 at the time. Finishes 1-1.

I'm sure there were many more. All could or did have massive impacts on the result (obviously Brighton managed to get an equaliser anyway).

What is even the point of VAR, are any of these even debatable?

Edited by penguin
Added spoiler tag - post very long
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, penguin said:

Just off the top of my head -  In the last couple of weeks or so we have had, struggled to find some videos unfortunately due to copyright claims:

Hide contents

Villa vs Liverpool

Clear penalty denied right at the end at the game which would have got us a point. Liverpool Win 1-0.

Man City Vs Wolves

Ridiculously soft handball penalty. City Win 1-0.

Man City vs Newcastle

I believe the game was 1-0 City at the time, maybe even 0-0. City go on to win comfortably.

Leicester vs Newcastle

Blatant dive. Believe this broke the deadlock, Leicester go on to hammer them.

Brighton vs Chelsea

Yellow card, Chelsea 1-0 at the time. Finishes 1-1.

I'm sure there were many more. All could or did have massive impacts on the result (obviously Brighton managed to get an equaliser anyway).

What is even the point of VAR, are any of these even debatable?

Also the goal Lukaku scored he clearly elbows Maupay in the head, like clear as day yet VAR and the commentators just gloss over it and blamed Maupay!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

Also the goal Lukaku scored he clearly elbows Maupay in the head, like clear as day yet VAR and the commentators just gloss over it and blamed Maupay!

in fairness Maupay is a piece of shit......I call that good refereeing :P 

Same old, it's not VAR that needs fixing, it's the man who watches that and doesn't understand what he's looking at that needs fixing

If anything incidents like today just show how bad the refs are, he had a slowed down spun around perfect view of it and got it wrong

VAR did its job 

Edit - FWIW when they replayed it 20 odd times I thought they were looking for contact on the legs which would make it different but there isn't any 

Edited by villa4europe

The on-field referee going over to the screen is totally redundant.

If the VAR team can't work out if something is 'clear and obvious' (the criteria by which they work) then it, by definition, isn't clear and obvious and isn't a foul/offside/whatever.

It’s being talked about today because Arsenal were harshly done by , we’ve had terrible decisions because of VAR go against us and it’s a none story, even city last season scoring 25 yards offside wasn’t talked about in the same sense it was just one of those things 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, gwi1890 said:

It’s being talked about today because Arsenal were harshly done by , we’ve had terrible decisions because of VAR go against us and it’s a none story, even city last season scoring 25 yards offside wasn’t talked about in the same sense it was just one of those things 

When it's us or other teams, we are gaslighted and called moronic by the punditry class who are just as guilty of failing to call this out (mostly because they are recruited from the 'yes men' ranks of the elite clubs). Refs protect their own. It's all a farce.

Â