The Game's Gone

NurembergVillan

Games at 30 minutes a half and the clock only counting when the ball is in play is a good thing IMO.

Can also see merit in 5 minute "sin bins" for yellow cards, but they need to re-evaluate what a yellow card is given for.  For those cynical shirt pulls, though, I like it.

The other points seem to add nothing.

• Like 2

On 05/07/2021 at 09:04, sne said:

Footballers really are thick as bricks, what a rocket polisher.

Don't tar them all with the one brush. In the main they are normal people who don't act like dicks. This particular one however is a total numpty. Hopefully the next time he tries this stunt it'll be over a great white shark.

19 hours ago, bobzy said:

Games at 30 minutes a half and the clock only counting when the ball is in play is a good thing IMO.

Can also see merit in 5 minute "sin bins" for yellow cards, but they need to re-evaluate what a yellow card is given for.  For those cynical shirt pulls, though, I like it.

The other points seem to add nothing.

Good idea if the clock is stopped, will  stamp out timewasting. 

After Italy scored against Belgium, the ball was only "in play" for 9 of the 21 minutes left. 

Only concern is, if Fifa, Uefa etc can "control the clock", expect mid game ads, maybe even the equivent of a 2 minute warning (glorified ad break) etc. 

1 hour ago, NoelVilla said:

Stefan Persson should buy Espanyol and ruin Barca.

Or just sign Messi and have him work as a store manager for 1.2 million a week. I dont think it would bother him

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, Xela said:

Another part of the game died for me tonight. 

Definitely. And this mess will never be fixed without real transfer fee caps and wage caps, and some kind of competetive balance financial redistribution mechanism. Dare I say, European football really could learn a thing or two from American sports. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, El Zen said:

Definitely. And this mess will never be fixed without real transfer fee caps and wage caps, and some kind of competetive balance financial redistribution mechanism. Dare I say, European football really could learn a thing or two from American sports. 

We're heading there.

A closed, elite league (the "Super League" if you will) with salary caps is the beginning - and that proposal has only died down for a little while.  You better believe it'll come back.  After all, what better way to keep the elite teams elite whilst ensuring they/their owners get as rich as possible?  Introduce a salary cap and ensure all players want to join.  Absolute winner.

23 minutes ago, bobzy said:

We're heading there.

A closed, elite league (the "Super League" if you will) with salary caps is the beginning - and that proposal has only died down for a little while.  You better believe it'll come back.  After all, what better way to keep the elite teams elite whilst ensuring they/their owners get as rich as possible?  Introduce a salary cap and ensure all players want to join.  Absolute winner.

Well, I’d say it’s entirely possible to impose spending caps, income redistribution and competetive balance mechanisms without setting up closed leagues. I don’t want European football to become an identical replication of American sports. 

5 minutes ago, El Zen said:

Well, I’d say it’s entirely possible to impose spending caps, income redistribution and competetive balance mechanisms without setting up closed leagues. I don’t want European football to become an identical replication of American sports. 

Agree. £200k highest wage you can offer, then whatever you want to top up with bonuses. Change it so you can only spend maximum of 50m in a transfer window too. Bring everything back down as the fees are actually insane.

I remember when the original Ronaldo went for £25m, my teenage mind was blown, that was an insane amount for a player.
What’s that get you now?! 

46 minutes ago, El Zen said:

Why would the rich clubs want that?

• Like 1

Â