The Game's Gone

NurembergVillan

5 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

Netflix Cup, first game on the moon etc etc

Games with crossover stars playing Lewis Hamilton, LeBron James, Tyson Fury in goal, doesn't matter who wins, its a money maker.

Sh1t man, I'm buying as many shares as I can in Football on Monday, it's gonna be massive.

Great idea!  I've got a great start-up idea for some kind of 'index' where you can buy shares and trade in players if you want to contribute?  Can't see anything going awry if we monetise-to-death that insatiable part of brains totally addled by football...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 22/05/2021 at 10:45, bannedfromHandV said:

FIFA ‘studying’ whether or not to have world cups every two years.

What does this ‘study’ involve I wonder?

Never going to happen in my opinion, for starters, why would UEFA drop the euros?!

It will de-value the world cup even more than the stupid 48 team format they are planning for 2026.

The whole point of it being special is because it's rare and hard to qualify to for most.

At this rate my sunday league team will qualifying by the 2040s.

54 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

It will de-value the world cup even more than the stupid 48 team format they are planning for 2026.

The whole point of it being special is because it's rare and hard to qualify to for most.

At this rate my sunday league team will qualifying by the 2040s.

I'm looking forward to seeing where the Pope plays in the Vatican 11 vs the Seychelles in the first knockout round.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Davkaus said:

The Spanish Super Cup is being played in Saudia Arabia until 2029. Pretty grim.

tenor.gif?itemid=11118285

• 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Or Atletico or Helsingborgs

Oh there’s plenty of examples. But Trabzonspor was a early(ish) one in me supporting the club so it hurt more. Going from knocking out Inter to that debacle in the next round. Bloody hell.

Edited by Mark Albrighton
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

It does mean there’s less chance of me having my heart broken the next time we play Trabzonspor.

I remember that ill fated night :(

We left when they scored and by the time we were halfway down the stairs, we scored again. Ugo I think?

Â