The Game's Gone

NurembergVillan

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Funny how 4 of the 6 clubs aren't even in the top 4 of the league right now with only 6 games to go.

It’s not funny, it’s exactly the reason why they want to close the shop. Juventus are another one with a chance of missing out on Champions League next season.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

It’s not funny, it’s exactly the reason why they want to close the shop. Juventus are another one with a chance of missing out on Champions League next season.

Yeah it's obvious why they're doing it, but it's funny that they can claim to have some God given right to be in elite company when the majority of them will probably not even be playing European football next season, let alone compete in the CL.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

yep exactly the point and why it's been brought to the forefront at this time

How scumbag clubs act when they believe they are bigger than the game itself.

I would like to see some clauses in that also forbid them from transfers from the non SL clubs. They can either transfer between each other, or they can try the trendy idea of developing players from their academy. They should be able to do that easily since they are so much bigger and better than every other club.

Otherwise, f### em.

8 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I don't think that's true - the top five institutional shareholders in JP Morgan are Blackrock, The Vanguard Group, State Street, Fidelity investments and Capital Research & Management.

I don't think any of those represent the Saudi fund. (Fidelity used to be the biggest shareholder in Google and Abigail Johnson terrifies me).

PIF invested in SoftBank group in 2016. JP Morgan chase own around 7-8 % of them. I knew there's a connection of sorts.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Another game of people...Pogba and VDB screaming like they are having their legs amputated following innocuous tackles. **** embarrassing man

**** this game. **** VAR. **** the players. **** the top 6. **** the super league.

Get in the bin and start again. 

Well this is kind of what I’m hoping will happen. Good opportunity to reset and get back to football’s roots. The super league can keep their mega money and mega talent. Football is better without it. 

My only real concern with all this is that if the money exits the PL then high-cost clubs like Villa would really start to struggle to make ends meet and our owners would probably pull out. 

33 minutes ago, Xela said:

This last week has been a strange one. In the anger of the ESL and the collapse of it, part of me was a bit excited to see the 6 teams **** off and get banished from the league. It would have made things interesting. Now they're back and will get away with their actions, part of me feels 'finished' with football. 

Its not an overnight thing, my interest has waned over the years. I used to be obsessed with the game as a kid and teenager, but i've just got more distant to it over the years. The last few years have been better after Lambert nearly killed me off. Even that though, i'm ambivalent to it at times. I watch very little football now... I couldn't care less about other games or the Champions League or anything like that. It was the League Cup final today - not interested. I'd never pay to watch football again on TV. I still want Villa to do well and take an interest in the results but i'm just feeling jaded by it all. I'm sure my interest will be piqued in pre-season if we buy players and the start of next season, but it just feels like diminishing returns now. 

The game has gone... for me at least, it seems. 

Couldnt agree more, we have had 2 games this week that I have followed the game but my heart really isnt in it at the moment. I think the scummy 6 leaving would have woken my interest but now its meh

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

failed manager, shit pundit and all around attention seeker Gary Neville is trying to set up a charter to fix English football

yet has no issue with his employer happily trying to sell players like Jack and Kane to the super clubs who helped cause the mess

• Like 3

Football's world governing body Fifa is to launch a feasibility study into holding the men's and women's World Cups every two years instead of four.

The proposal, by Saudi Arabia's football federation (SAFF), received backing at Fifa's annual congress.

The study will also look at the qualifying competitions for these tournaments.

"We believe the future of football is at a critical juncture," said SAFF president Yasser Al-Misehal.

Why not have a World Cup every week? Think of all the money that would make.

BBC

• Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

Netflix Cup, first game on the moon etc etc

Games with crossover stars playing Lewis Hamilton, LeBron James, Tyson Fury in goal, doesn't matter who wins, its a money maker.

Sh1t man, I'm buying as many shares as I can in Football on Monday, it's gonna be massive.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Genie said:

Why not have a World Cup every week? Think of all the money that would make.

BBC

Death by a thousand cuts at the minute for me. Every year something is implemented or discussed that makes me despise the wider football world even more. The WC is special because its every 4 years and players may only play in it twice or three times at best. It means more. 

Saudi Arabian Football Federation proposed it - who the **** are they to be talking about changing the game. I wonder who the 20 plus federations were who rejected it?

• Like 4

The game needs someone to win this battle - there are too many people competing for the same TV money and they're cutting each others throats because they're all feeling the Covid pinch. FIFA, the Premier League, the Super league shitbags, it's a desperate scramble for cash that does the game no good at all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phil Silvers said:

Netflix Cup, first game on the moon etc etc

Games with crossover stars playing Lewis Hamilton, LeBron James, Tyson Fury in goal, doesn't matter who wins, its a money maker.

Sh1t man, I'm buying as many shares as I can in Football on Monday, it's gonna be massive.

That’s all well and good but will they have to relocate Shergar, that number 10 bus, Lord Lucan and Elvis to host the inaugural Netflix Cup

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

1 FA one vote

Saudi Arabias vote means as much as ours 

How many FA's votes can, shall we say, be purchased? We've seen it in the past with bent FIFA officials. 

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Death by a thousand cuts at the minute for me. Every year something is implemented or discussed that makes me despise the wider football world even more. The WC is special because its every 4 years and players may only play in it twice or three times at best. It means more. 

Saudi Arabian Football Federation proposed it - who the **** are they to be talking about changing the game. I wonder who the 20 plus federations were who rejected it?

The sport you love is going nowhere.

Players who are just normal people who get on with the fans, fun standing and chanting on the terraces, and no trigonometry after every key moment. Football is as good as ever. It's just the upper end of the pyramid that's ****. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Xela said:

How many FA's votes can, shall we say, be purchased? We've seen it in the past with bent FIFA officials. 

I don't think it is bent, its what fifa is, 196 nations (?) voting on how to get in to a 32 team tournament... They'll end up with expanded tournaments, some kind of nations league qualification system too and a raffle to get in and then no doubt the likes of Djibouti as one of 14 African nations who automatically qualify as a Co host

Same as Qatar, its not necessarily thr brown envelopes that's the problem, the FA representative from tahiti doesn't need cash in his bank, they just need to show him the billionaires yacht that he's going to spend a once in a lifetime all inclusive 6 week business trip on during the tournament 

The corruption is half the story, what they can ligitamately get away with is the other 

Â